Beauties of Curacao tour

SharonK

Not sure if this is something you are interested in, but on our Silhouette cruise in December 2018, we arranged a tour through a guide who you can easily find by searching "Around Curacao" (the name of the company).  Tons of great reviews, and ONLY Andy or Sharmond are the drivers.  We did a custom tour with Sharmond (6 hours) and had a fantastic time with him.  Very prompt response to questions, and you may find the cost of a private tour with them is very affordable.  Very comfortable, newer SUV with air conditioning.  Even experienced an out of the way seafood restaurant on the coast - amazing!  Very conscious about getting back to the port in time as their reputation requires that - we were in great hands!

13 minutes ago, DENIE said:

Not sure if this is something you are interested in, but on our Silhouette cruise in December 2018, we arranged a tour through a guide who you can easily find by searching "Around Curacao" (the name of the company).  Tons of great reviews, and ONLY Andy or Sharmond are the drivers.  We did a custom tour with Sharmond (6 hours) and had a fantastic time with him.  Very prompt response to questions, and you may find the cost of a private tour with them is very affordable.  Very comfortable, newer SUV with air conditioning.  Even experienced an out of the way seafood restaurant on the coast - amazing!  Very conscious about getting back to the port in time as their reputation requires that - we were in great hands!

Thanks for the input but I’m confused.  You mention Andy and Sharmond are the drivers but when I go to their website it says we would have to drive ourselves.  Did someone drive you around?

Wow!  Didn't see that coming.....Sharmond drove us - we would not have done our own driving.  Just went to their website and saw what you were talking about.  I wonder if they changed their concept??  Very puzzling indeed...

Edited by DENIE

23 minutes ago, DENIE said:

Wow!  Didn't see that coming.....Sharmond drove us - we would not have done our own driving.  Just went to their website and saw what you were talking about.  I wonder if they changed their concept??  Very puzzling indeed...

I’ve sent them an email to get more information.

• Like 1

Reading these last few posts with much interest as we have booked Around Curacao for February 2020.  I also assumed from reviews that one of their guides does the driving so I just checked my confirmation e-mail from Andy and he stated in his reply that we will have "a private driver guide."  Guess I better write him to clarify.  Thank you Sharon K for mentioning what their site says.....either I completely missed it when I initially booked several months ago or they have changed the wording since I booked.