Yogurt at Lido Buffet?

RandomUser123

3 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

Do they have Yogurt at the Lido Buffet for breakfast and lunch? The reason why I ask is my 2 year old son loves Yogurt (especially Strawberry) so want to check to make sure they have it. If so is it individual packs or is it globs you have to scoop yourself?

Yes, they do have it at breakfast, but not at lunch. You could bring some back to cabin from breakfast buffet and place in your refrigerator. I, too, am a yogurt lover, and eat it every day. I would choose the plain Greek yogurt, and then add the blueberries offered down by the oatmeal. Yum! 😋

Just a warning--those are mini bar units, not refrigerators, in the cabins.  They are not designed to get as cold as refrigators or to keep food at safe storage temperatures.  How well they work and how cold they get varies from one room to another, but generally they take a while to chill anything you put in them, and the more you put in them the longer it takes to chill.

Would I eat yogurt at lunch that I had put in there at breakfast?  Probably, but only the same day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Just a warning--those are mini bar units, not refrigerators, in the cabins.  They are not designed to get as cold as refrigators or to keep food at safe storage temperatures.  How well they work and how cold they get varies from one room to another, but generally they take a while to chill anything you put in them, and the more you put in them the longer it takes to chill.

Would I eat yogurt at lunch that I had put in there at breakfast?  Probably, but only the same day.

I believe that is incorrect.  They are not coolers.  They are tiny refrigerators.  Due to the poor design on older ships of them being in unventilated cabinets, they have trouble with sufficient cooling.  Simply leave the cabinet ajar, and they will cool properly.  Don't you think if they were just "coolers"" there would be signs all over the place about not storing food or meds i

In them, not to mention hundreds of cases of food poisoning.  I have always stored yogurt and other items for more than a few days and never had an issue.  And, it's a good idea to stock up on a favorite flavor as often toward the end of the  cruise plain is the only option.

4 minutes ago, gizfish said:

I believe that is incorrect.  They are not coolers.  They are tiny refrigerators.  Due to the poor design on older ships of them being in unventilated cabinets, they have trouble with sufficient cooling.  Simply leave the cabinet ajar, and they will cool properly.  Don't you think if they were just "coolers"" there would be signs all over the place about not storing food or meds i

In them, not to mention hundreds of cases of food poisoning.  I have always stored yogurt and other items for more than a few days and never had an issue.  And, it's a good idea to stock up on a favorite flavor as often toward the end of the  cruise plain is the only option.

From the FAQs on Carnival's website:

Staterooms (on ships listed below) are equipped with non-stocked mini bar units, which are designed to maintain the temperature of beverages. Please do not use these units to store medications that have specific temperature requirements. Should you need to store medicine, please refer to Medical Services for additional information. 

A small, personal-sized cooler no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" is permitted as a carry-on luggage.

The following ships have non-stocked mini bar units in all staterooms and suites: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Panorama, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride, Carnival Radiance, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory, Carnival Vista and Mardi Gras.

The following ships have non-stocked mini bar units in suites only:  Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation.

The Carnival Sunshine has non-stocked mini bar units in all suites and in staterooms on decks 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12.

I'm not sure, but I would think that if you only wanted to keep the yogurt for a couple of hours, you could keep it cold enough in an ice bucket (which is full of fresh ice), which your cabin steward will provide upon request. But on another note, I know Carnival, in an effort to be more environmentally responsible, is doing away with single use containers and plastics such as the individual cereal boxes and plastic straws. I'm cruising next week and was not expecting to see the little yogurts still.