NCL Star Mini Suites ‘Noise’

Mom2kmo

Looking to hear what people’s experiences were being in a balcony mini suite mid-Ship on the Star on deck 11.  I’ve noticed above on deck 12 , the pool and buffet are right above these rooms and worry about noise all night.  Thanks in advance for your reviews/opinions.  

We were on the Star last September in a mid ship Mini Suite on deck  11.  I'm sorry I don't remember the exact stateroom number.   Yes....there is alot of noise from the moving of chairs in  the buffet right above you. It starts very early in the morning and continues throughout the day into the evening.   Some days, we couldn't sit on the balcony because the noise of the chairs was too loud to even have a conversation.    We met a couple who were in mini suite but towards the front of the ship.....with no buffet above them.....and they said they had no noise at all.   Honestly, the mini suite was nice, but we would never book a stateroom again that didn't have other rooms above it. 

Edited by snow1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, snow1 said:

We were on the Star last September in a mid ship Mini Suite on deck  11.  I'm sorry I don't remember the exact stateroom number.   Yes....there is alot of noise from the moving of chairs in  the buffet right above you. It starts very early in the morning and continues throughout the day into the evening.   Some days, we couldn't sit on the balcony because the noise of the chairs was too loud to even have a conversation.    We met a couple who were in mini suite but towards the front of the ship.....with no buffet above them.....and they said they had no noise at all.   Honestly, the mini suite was nice, but we would never book a stateroom again that didn't have other rooms above it. 

Thank you so much!  I kind of gathered that the noise was going to be a problem.  Guess we will stay in our balcony rooms.  

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 8:53 AM, Mom2kmo said:

Looking to hear what people’s experiences were being in a balcony mini suite mid-Ship on the Star on deck 11.  I’ve noticed above on deck 12 , the pool and buffet are right above these rooms and worry about noise all night.  Thanks in advance for your reviews/opinions.  

We were in cabin 11092 In November this year and the noise in the early morning and late at night was irritating. I think it was accuse the crew stacking the deck chairs for the night and then taking them down again around 5 am. We had rough seas and the ceiling creaked very loudly all night long. 

Edited by simpson168
  • Like 1

We were on the Star in 11572 this September.  We went upstairs to see what was above us and it was the covered seating area at the pool with the couches and chairs.  Honestly I think it could have been worst.  Every morning there was scraping of chairs as the crew rearranged everything and of course we always knew when people were moving things around too.  But I didn't think it was that bad. 

EXCEPT for the one night time party they had at the pool that didn't start until 10pm because of leaving Mykonos that late.  Why in God's name they have a party that late when the next day's port in Dubrovnik arrived at 7am is beyond me.  I do sleep with ear plugs and could hear the noise even through that.

Edited by firstimer2009