NCL Joy room 18132

skeeter195

I have seen where the Joy and Bliss are referenced as "sister" ships but it looks like the deck plans are a bit different.  I find this site very helpful in trying to understand the cabin or deck plan layouts. From what I can see, deck 18 is different between the two ships but both show H5 cabins.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/Norwegian-Bliss

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/Norwegian-Joy

After researching more I see that the H5's are changing to HE's and HF's after September 2020.  The HE's are being listed as larger cabins.  It does not say though what is bigger, the room itself, balcony or both.  I wish I could find pictures of 18132 as it does look to be the largest non handicapped and the only HE on deck 18.

27 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

It does not say though what is bigger, the room itself, balcony or both. 

The balconies are larger.

28 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

I wish I could find pictures of 18132 as it does look to be the largest non handicapped and the only HE on deck 18.

More than likely, it is only the balcony that is wider (not deeper) in 18132. On deck 17, the H5s that are closer to the "Haven wall" are slightly wider than standard H5 balconies. Those are also deeper since they are on deck 17. I suspect that 18132 is wider like the one under it but isn't any deeper than the others on deck 18. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2019 at 10:54 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

The balconies are larger.

More than likely, it is only the balcony that is wider (not deeper) in 18132. On deck 17, the H5s that are closer to the "Haven wall" are slightly wider than standard H5 balconies. Those are also deeper since they are on deck 17. I suspect that 18132 is wider like the one under it but isn't any deeper than the others on deck 18. 

Funny as I was just looking at this.  We stayed in a Haven Family Suite on the Jewel and the room was huge.  Especially the bedroom and as I was looking at these H5's on the Joy all the pictures and videos make these rooms look pretty darn small in comparison.  I just booked the last H5 (17732) on Joy for the Dec 22 sailing and thought maybe there was something wrong with it as it was the very last H5 available on this cruise.

But upon closer inspection it looks like its going to be a bit wider with a slightly larger balcony than the other H5's.

I attached some pics for reference.  You can see how the balcony has a bit more room and possibly an angled wall on the one side.  I would assume that 17132 and 18132 are the same.

Joy 17732.png

Joy 17732_dp.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 6:22 PM, Dd3thomas said:

I find this site very helpful in trying to understand the cabin or deck plan layouts.

It is not a free site, are the deck plans more detailed than you find on the net? Im a litt hesitant to pay something I dont know what is..

On 1/3/2020 at 10:05 PM, wilmingtech said:

Got back from the Joy a little over a week ago.  The Balcony in 17732 was 17'2" long and 8'5" deep.

Pretty huge balcony for sure.  Nice trade off for a small room.

Thanks for information. Did you measure the cabin as well? I have booked the same type on the Encore, on this ship the equal cabin is 17726 and hoping it is larger inside as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 7:01 AM, Norwayrider said:

It is not a free site, are the deck plans more detailed than you find on the net? Im a litt hesitant to pay something I dont know what is..

Sorry, there is a members and non member site, the public site has 70% the same info. https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Norwegian

• 8 months later...