Thermal Suite on Meraviglia vs. Seaside

oceantriumph

We paid for pass on Seaside our last 2 cruises and absolutely loved it! Especially the salt water hot tub so the chlorine didn't get in our eyes/skin.

We're seeing reviews of the thermal suite of Meraviglia and hearing it was worse than expectations, has chlorine, and wasn't as good. Can anyone whose tried both classes of thermal suites tell us what they thought was better and/or the differences? We want to buy the pass but want an experience similar to that of Seaside (we didn't use outside area so not too concerned about lack of that on Mera)

I suspect at least one of those reports about Meraviglia is my own. I stand by everything I said - and for the first time ever, my swimming wear turned pink - the strings should be blue. I can only assume this is the result of a chemical reaction hence my comments about cholrine. That type of issue is easy to fix and nothing to do with the actual physical design or contents of the spa. However, it depends on what you are used to - anyone who's been to an NCL -away class spa will be disappointed.

Although I've not been to the Seaside spa, based on the pictures, it looks much better than Meraviglia's.

IMG_20190521_182540.jpg.c9d4b07f4a47adf0

After many visits to the Hydrothermal Pools on the ships on Holland America, my blue bathing suit turned to an attractive shade of purple.  I only needed to discard it when, after many, many uses, the waistband's elastic decided to "retire" and I had to literally hold onto the swim trunks as I left the pool in order to prevent a "costume incident".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oceantriumph said:

bump. Anyone have any insight to this?

Not surprised, common when using hot tubs or spas. I remember on a Celebrity cruise that there were warning signs about possible damage to swimsuits when using a hot tub. I never wear a swimsuit that I really care about to a spa/hot tub. Just pack an old swimsuit to be safe.

Edited by sptrout
  • Like 1

You know, my first cruise on the Celebrity Mercury in 2003 had a T-pool that discolored my new Ralph Lauren swim trunks!!  I was told by another pax that this was to be expected.  I was not happy.

But then, for the next several years, I cruised on ships that did not have a T-pool, and I was even more unhappy....

Finally cruise on a ship with a T-pool, a Costa ship that had a T-pool.  did not discolor my trunks, I was surprised and happy...

Will see what happens on the MSC Meraviglia next September..... happy or not!!

Happy Cruising, 

TnT

53 minutes ago, tnt10 said:

You know, my first cruise on the Celebrity Mercury in 2003 had a T-pool that discolored my new Ralph Lauren swim trunks!!  I was told by another pax that this was to be expected.  I was not happy.

But then, for the next several years, I cruised on ships that did not have a T-pool, and I was even more unhappy....

Finally cruise on a ship with a T-pool, a Costa ship that had a T-pool.  did not discolor my trunks, I was surprised and happy...

Will see what happens on the MSC Meraviglia next September..... happy or not!!

Happy Cruising, 

TnT

The T-pools on the Celebrity's C-class ships were real whirlpools. No worries about losing colors, but just keeping them on LOL. They were great!

Asking again because my other thread was hijacked...We paid for pass on Seaside our last 2 cruises and absolutely loved it! Especially the salt water hot tub so the chlorine didn't get in our eyes/skin.

We're seeing reviews of the thermal suite of Meraviglia and hearing it was worse than expectations, has chlorine, and wasn't as good. Can anyone whose tried both classes of thermal suites tell us what they thought was better and/or the differences? We want to buy the pass but want an experience similar to that of Seaside (we didn't use outside area so not too concerned about lack of that on Mera)

I was on mervigilia in March and booked for Nov this year.  I had absolutely no issues with thermal spa.  That is why I booked in Nov and on seaside in March. We go yacht club so its included.  No chlorine, no smell...it was awesome. Friends that were with us prev were on seaside and said they prefer seaside because of the layout.. but it was very similar experience.  1hr everyday on both seaside and meraviglia... helped them relax when they were rushed thru excursions.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else going on the October Meraviglia cruises who could report back on the spa costs? I'd like to know the cost of the thermal spa after the ship starts in the U.S. Torn between pre-purchasing a thermal spa pass or waiting till on-board. Currently they only have a price for a single user pass for pre-purchase, but I believe the cost for a couple is less than two individuals. 

Edited by ElainaCruise

On 9/21/2019 at 2:01 PM, oceantriumph said:

We paid for pass on Seaside our last 2 cruises and absolutely loved it! Especially the salt water hot tub so the chlorine didn't get in our eyes/skin.

My opinion wouldn't matter to you because I thought the seaside ThermoSpa was awful. It came with our  yacht Club access and we never used it, it was so cramped and small. I guess what I'm saying is you're going to have to check it out for yourself since what matters to others are not necessarily going to matter to you