Charging For CPAP, Scooter, Oxygen

twocruisersok

We are bringing a CPAP, scooter, and oxygen machine for our cruise in December.  We've asked for an extension cord from the cruise line, but it  will only have one plug.  Would it be dangerous to have all three items plugged into the provided cord and our multiple outlet adapter we would bring to allow us three outlets?  I'm trying to find out if any  of these items would be able to be plugged into a European outlet with a converter, but don't know yet.   

Thanks!

We plug in a scooter and oxygen as well as DH's nebulizer. We're on HAL and I ask for a power strip from them so that I know it meets their requirements. This year there was a $25.00 deposit which was refunded when I returned the cord. The steward put a piece of carpet over the cord so we wouldn't trip on it but still had access to all the outlets. It worked well for our items. We did rent the Oxygen concentrator and the scooter so they were waiting on the ship. We also had his portable concentrator and we had lots of space to charge everything. 

Karen

15 hours ago, twocruisersok said:

We are bringing a CPAP, scooter, and oxygen machine for our cruise in December.  We've asked for an extension cord from the cruise line, but it  will only have one plug.  Would it be dangerous to have all three items plugged into the provided cord and our multiple outlet adapter we would bring to allow us three outlets?  I'm trying to find out if any  of these items would be able to be plugged into a European outlet with a converter, but don't know yet.   

Thanks!

You would need to check the current draw for each item, then total them.  If, together, they draw 15 or more amps, then there might be a problem.  The extension cord from the line would be rated at 20 amps, not sure what their power strips are rated for, but likely 15 amps.  Most outlet multipliers are rated 15 amps.  Hopefully this "outlet adapter" you have is a simple outlet multiplier and not one of the power outlet/USB combinations (Belkin) that are surge protected, and should not be used on ships.

Check with your cruise line's Access Department and ask if you can borrow a power strip.   Or they might let you borrow more than 1 extension cord.  

And regarding plugging in the equipment in Europe, this article might help:

https://wheelchairtravel.org/international-travel/charging-power-wheelchairs-abroad-voltage-warning/