Ventura - can I bring water/soft drinks on board?

Trulee Scrumptious

8 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

On a two week cruise we take 48 cans of pop and 48 500ml bottles of water. I stack them up, stick them all together with packing tape.

Print out a few extra extra large luggage labels and stick them on the top and sides of the package.

They get taken by the porter with my 8 suitcases and all appear in my cabin before sailing.

Made me laugh. Thank you! 

On 9/24/2019 at 8:52 PM, Trulee Scrumptious said:

Quick follow up - where/how do you normally pack any soft drinks you take with you?

We usually go to ASDA in the morning in Southampton before we board and put the mixers we buy in a holdall with wheels. We just take it on ourselves

8 hours ago, philsuarez said:

look I know each to his own but seriously you've likely spent a small fortune on a cruise in the first place so why be so tight that you actually want to carry water onboard! Sorry I don't get it!

As stated earlier in the thread, not that bothered about water but as a diabetic a stock of something I KNOW won't spike my blood sugar in the cabin can be a lifesaver, but unless you have a chronic medical condition you probably wouldn't get it!

Edited by Trulee Scrumptious

14 hours ago, Trulee Scrumptious said:

As stated earlier in the thread, not that bothered about water but as a diabetic a stock of something I KNOW won't spike my blood sugar in the cabin can be a lifesaver, but unless you have a chronic medical condition you probably wouldn't get it!

14 hours ago, Trulee Scrumptious said:

I'm a diabetic myself so largely stick to water or a diet variant. Not bothered about alcohol so that would not be an issue that I'd worry about. I take the point that for medical purposes this is completely acceptable but to save money I just see it as pointless.