birth certificate maiden name

sunnseeker

I asked that same question before I went on my first cruise and everyone who chimed in said that the marriage cert wasn't necessary. The last 2 cruises I went on, I didn't bring it with me and no one ever questioned it. I asked the Carnival rep taking my paperwork about that. And, she said that they mostly look at the first name, date of birth, and whether it's authentic (raised seal) and compare it to the Driver's License. If you have the marriage cert, then bring it if it'll give you peace of mind. But, no one has ever posted that it was necessary.

Happy Cruising!

There is nothing on any web page or cruise documents about other pieces of documentationt o prove who you are.

When you got your drivers license you needed your marriage certificate to get the license updated.

As long as your cruise documents and your license is in the same name.

Marraige certificates are for people who just got married and documents and state id are differemt/

Cruiselines recognize the fact that probably 90% of women passengers don't have the same last name as on their birth certificate.

All they check for is that your last name on the cruise documents matches the last name on your photo ID.

About the 'raised seal' birth certificate. They require a state-issued b/c, but many states are now issuing b/cs using the 'state watermark' paper, eliminating the raised seal.:)

I am not sure whether it has something to do with the on-line FunPass registration.... however, when I sailed on the conquest, all I had to show was my DL- they never asked for my birth certificate. I just figured they verified information ahead of time, as you have to enter your SS# on the FunPass registration... has anyone else experienced this?

THe fuin pass does ask for your SS # and I fill it with 000-00-0000

there is no reason for the cruiselines to ask for that information and that number should be guarded with your life.

I was wondering if a birth certificate with my maiden name along with a copy of a marriage license will be acceptable? All my ID will be in my married name. I am cruising on Carnival in March.

It should be enough, yes, but although the experience and opinions on this board are helpful, in this case you should check directly with the cruise line. They are the ONLY reliable source of information when it comes to their policies.

If find that not the case. You can call the cruiselines with one question and ask 5 differnt people.. you will get 5 different answers.

Some of those people that answer the phones have never cruised a day.

Thanks for all the responses I was'nt sure with all the homeland security stuff how picky they are, and I didnt want to have to spend the money on a passport if I didnt have to .

If you plan on taking another cruise a passport is now your best bet. As of Janaury 1, 2007 you will need a passport

Archived