Staff's "Dining Show" on Carnival

Senvy797

11 minutes ago, scoobikins said:

I really enjoy the entertainment; it's part of the cruise experience, in my view. It's not like it lasts all that long anyway, it's just a few minutes.

I understand it's not everybody's taste, but that's the beauty of YTD. You have the opportunity to time your dinner in order to miss it. That's a win for everybody.

It is part of what makes Carnival.  Some do not like it, and some say it is demeaning of the crew.  The truth is it is part of the FUN of what makes Carnival what it is, the FUN ships.  All this said, enjoy the songs and dance!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is part of what makes Carnival.  Some do not like it, and some say it is demeaning of the crew.  The truth is it is part of the FUN of what makes Carnival what it is, the FUN ships.  All this said, enjoy the songs and dance!

Totally agree!

My wife can be a little shy and reserved. She does not like being the center of attention.
But every single cruise so far, she has gotten up and danced with the crew when they invite you to.
Said that no one knows her there and she doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
She has a blast and honestly watching her enjoy herself like that is one of my favorite parts of the cruise!

We have talked to several of our servers in the past about whether they enjoy it or not and without exception they enthusiastically responded that they love doing it. It's a nice break from their job and gives them a chance to let go a bit.
They all seemed very genuine about their response, not like someone who was parroting back a canned response from corporate.

Plus, it isn't like all of the servers partake. You can usually still see some going about their duties during the performance.
I'm not sure if it is "voluntary" or not but I have never seen anyone that seemed to be "forced" to do it.

• Like 2