Vaccinations for Hawaii

amajaa

Flying to L A for a cruise to Hawaii. Now I have looked at the Government advice website and can’t find any advice for Hawaii. You can only find USA and as we know Mainland USA is not the same as Hawaii. A US website comes up which recommends loads of different vaccinations, but am assuming that is if you are staying there, eating, swimming etc not just day visits. Anyone else been, if so what did you do?

There are no mandatory inoculations, unless perhaps you've visited a high-risk Yellow Fever destination in the previous ten days.

But you can get free travel health advice by booking an appointment at your surgery - most have a travel nurse.

Go armed with your itinerary (including any nights in-port or inland excursions) - I'm thinking here of other ports of call besides Hawaii.

I doubt you'll be advised to take any precautions for Hawaii, but you might be advised to get boosters for Hep A and B etc if it's been a while since - good practice regardless of any travel.

And a good surgery can also advise on matters such as local food, clothing, etc though other than lashings of sun protection in Hawaii there's no worries on that score.. 

We didn't take any malaria tabs for a stay in Hawaii, Feb this year., and aren't aware of mosquitoes in the islands.

But the only advice you should take is from your surgery - they know you, your medical history, your ages etc.

Have a nice day, y'all

JB :classic_smile: