I will be the 3rd adult in a suite....

mushroom

Thanks everyone for your welcome advice. It looks like the idea of buying a Yeti and making my own drinks in the suite is the way I'll go.  It really does not make sense to have to upgrade the two "free" packages...and I can simply purchase a beer or two on the pool deck when I want it.  Maybe between now and when we cruise, NCL will rethink the way they handle 3rd and 4th passengers in a suite.  Our particular suite advertises it can hold up to 5 people. Imagine how awful this could be if all 5 people wanted a drink package!  It would be more cost effective to simply book two or three more cabins. Again, thanks for all of your input.  

3 hours ago, sanger727 said:

OP. You do realize that you can purchase drinks individually without a package? The prices that NCL charges to buy the packages are ridiculous. If you have bottles of alcohol included in the room, personally I would bring a yeti cup and make drinks to take with me; bring on a few bottles of wine (paying the $15) per bottle charge; and buy any other drinks wanted as I went. Would most likely be a lot cheaper than spending over $1,000 on a beverage package for a week. But, to each their own.

You make the most sense of all. Good post. 

13 minutes ago, PIXEYLOU said:

Brig your own wine bottle opener

and bring wine to dinner in tall glass. No rules against it

You still have to pay to bring each bottle of wine on board. There's no reason to bring wine to dinner in a tall glass, NCL will store your wine for you and the server will retrieve it for you at dinner.

1 hour ago, PIXEYLOU said:

Brig your own wine bottle opener

and bring wine to dinner in tall glass. No rules against it

No need to bring a cork screw.  There should be one in the suite or the room steward will get it for you.