Cunard drink packages for U.K. pax

Sibyl2

Just logged in to my voyage planner for a new booking and was surprised to find Cunard U.K. customers now have drink package options! When did that happen? Too late for us now as we no longer drink enough alcohol to make it worthwhile! LOL! We shall just get a wine package onboard as usual and pay for the odd stiffener at the end.

8AB239E9-8776-4438-8EEF-14DC9FE714C4.png

They have offered the daily drinks package for some time as part of the voyage personalizer. One would have to be a serious tippler to get it to pay off. Perhaps you are confusing this offer with the 'free drinks' package they offer US bookers. That includes spirits up to $12, and works for me with my pre lunch Bloody Mary, but as I like a generous Johnny Walker Black on the rocks in the evening, it doesn't cover it because a double costs $17 and if you go over $12 you have to pay the whole price, not just the overage. 

It's been on the go for approximately a year. As Big Mike states, it's limited to all drinks under $12, and, they must be single measures, so even if a large glass of wine is UNDER the magic $12, you still can't have it.

You are also limited to one small drink every 15 minutes, so if it's a hot day, and the first one goes straight down without touching the sides, you then have to wait a quarter of an hour before refilling.

Furthermore, all pax in the same room must purchase it for the duration of the voyage.

It's much easier just to bring your own on board with you for consumption in your room.

Stewart

I think the limit on the "Beers, Wines, & Spirits" drinks package is drinks up to $11. That's what the "World of Drinks" brochure states and what the screen shot the OP posted from the Voyage Personaliser shows. The $12 limit applies to drinks provided under US promotions that offer "Free Drinks" for those that book grill suites (such as the current "Grill Suite Offer").

I imagine it can be challenging for the bar staff to have to deal with the different limits on the various packages and promotions. Last time there was a "Free Drinks" offer in the US that applied to Britannia guests, I believe the limit was $9 per drink for that offer.

Toying with getting this on our 10 day Atlantic adventure next April but as above not sure how good value we will get out of it. 

Got the wine package for the Canaries in November so will peruse the menus to see what is less than $11 when onboard then.

It's expensive anyway,  and certainly doesn't make sense in QG with inclusive wines spirits , beer and soft drink in cabin.

I expect  that's why they offer it free to QG USA, who will either then use the inclusive drinks in the cabin less, or if they drink in the cabin use the drinks package less. So actually a cost effective QG promotion. 

• Like 1