Cruise Manager/Planner - Dining Reservations

bar1068

We're booked on the Horizon for May of 2020. Back this past May 11ish, I made reservations for Bonsai Teppanyaki. I received the confirmation email confirming our reservation for the night and time I requested, so far that is the only "proof" I have for the reservation. Should this be showing up somewhere in my cruise manager/planner? I've heard of changes being implemented to the specialty dining reservations process ie. paying for whichever specialty dining requested when making a reservation, but really more curious if the reservation should be showing up somewhere in our cruise manager. Thanks.

So just curious, decided to do the chefs table and submitted info. I did not get any kind of email. Went back to check and it says confirmation emails will be sent 24hrs prior to departure. So I won’t know what night or anything until the day before we depart?

7 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

So just curious, decided to do the chefs table and submitted info. I did not get any kind of email. Went back to check and it says confirmation emails will be sent 24hrs prior to departure. So I won’t know what night or anything until the day before we depart?

When we did the Chef’s table I got an email confirmation in June of 2018 for our Feb 2019 cruise. So I do believe that they send out the confirmations when you put in the request, not just days before the cruise. Unless they have changed something since then. We did not find out what date our reservation was for until we got onboard, however. 

Edited by bakersdozen12

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 5:14 PM, bury me at sea said:

Steakhouse and Chef's Table reservations have historically not been recorded in Cruise Manager.  Your e-mail confirmation should suffice.

I hope some who have pre-paid for reservations will let us know if they are showing in Cruise Manager.

I pre-paid for our Steakhouse reservation last week, but did not receive an email confirmation.  It IS listed under my Cruise Manager, but does not have the reservation time listed.  I wish that the system was consistent across the board.  I called Carnival to double check the time, and they said that all reservations are handled directly through the ship and can only be modified or verified via the original confirmation email (which I did not receive...). I'm hoping that everything works out on board!

1 hour ago, missingmaui said:

I pre-paid for our Steakhouse reservation last week, but did not receive an email confirmation.  It IS listed under my Cruise Manager, but does not have the reservation time listed.  I wish that the system was consistent across the board.  I called Carnival to double check the time, and they said that all reservations are handled directly through the ship and can only be modified or verified via the original confirmation email (which I did not receive...). I'm hoping that everything works out on board!

I currently have reservations for the Chef's Table on two cruises.

The first one I requested long before pre-payment was offered.  For that I have an e-mail confirmation but nothing in my Cruise Manager.

The next one for a later cruise I booked and paid for on-line.  For that one I haven't received an e-mail confirmation but it does show in my Cruise Manager.

Happy sailing and I hope you enjoy the Chef's Table as much as we do.

• Like 1