Best "Do-Your-Own" Beach Trip While In Tortola

ajtraveler66

There is an excellent chance that we will go to Jost Van Dyke on the Rebel Yell.  However, there is one drawback--not much beach time if we take this excursion.  [We will be on the NCL Encore in February... and at port in Tortola from 8am-5pm]

That said, we are considering the possibility of taking a taxi or walking to one of the beaches 'on our own'.  Which beach would you suggest that satisfies these criteria:  1) We would get at least 4 hours of actual beach time with food and drink available....with no fear of getting back to the boat in time.  2) We know there will be lots of people there, but the less crowded the better.  3) The obvious....a beautiful beach.   

Keep in mind, our biggest concern is making sure that we get back to the boat without feeling panicked or rushed.

I thank you in advance for your help.  

23 minutes ago, ajtraveler66 said:

There is an excellent chance that we will go to Jost Van Dyke on the Rebel Yell.  However, there is one drawback--not much beach time if we take this excursion.  [We will be on the NCL Encore in February... and at port in Tortola from 8am-5pm]

That said, we are considering the possibility of taking a taxi or walking to one of the beaches 'on our own'.  Which beach would you suggest that satisfies these criteria:  1) We would get at least 4 hours of actual beach time with food and drink available....with no fear of getting back to the boat in time.  2) We know there will be lots of people there, but the less crowded the better.  3) The obvious....a beautiful beach.   

Keep in mind, our biggest concern is making sure that we get back to the boat without feeling panicked or rushed.

I thank you in advance for your help.  

My understanding is that the rebel yell excursion from ncl gives you about 3 1/2 hours of beach time. I'm sailing encore in January and have already booked the 8:15 slot which will get us back on board for some uncrowded pool deck time. 

I'd go with the excursion. Everyone seems to really enjoy it. 

• Thanks 1

If going on the RY in the AM realize that the Soggy $ and other beach bars don’t open until 11.

if you decide to enjoy a gorgeous, less crowded Tortola beach with one beach bar Brewers Bay would be our choice.

• Thanks 1