Which Long Bay?

Rick-n-Lisa

Hoping Bluewater or someone with first hand knowledge can answer. 

Cruise stop coming in December.  We’ve been to Brewers Bay and Smugglers Beach.  Want to try Long Bay.  I see references to Long Bay West End and Long Bay Beef Island.

Which is better?  What is the difference between the two?

We’re looking for a beautiful beach with a beautiful view.  Would like to be able to rent chairs, have a restroom and be able to buy beers and maybe food.

Snorkeling is optional but if either has good snorkeling please advise.

Assuming taxis are readily available to each and for return.  Significant piece difference on this?

Thanks for any info you can provide!!!

Hi guys! Yes Long Bay, West End (LBWE) is a long, picture postcard beach (literally) that is great for walking or just enjoying the amazing view. The resort there is undergoing major renovations, there is a restaurant there (Tropical Fusion Beach Bar & Grill) with restrooms where you can buy food & drinks, you’d have to contact them to check on their hours. We’ve not been recently so not sure about lounges, they were available for $5 each, perhaps the owner can answer that question. Phone is 284.346.3551. Taxi fare for two is ~$28/pp round trip.

Long Bay, Beef Island was a very quiet beach where we would see only locals and sometimes catamarans. Another gorgeous beach, but it has since been developed for day visitors with restrooms, lounges, and food and drinks. I don’t know if you have to book through the cruise ship to get lounges and drinks or if this is for everyone. I posed that question to friends living there but they have yet to stop there.

We’ve not snorkeled either beach. LBWE is sandier on the East end and rockier where you enter from the road.  We love LBWE because it is close to Smuggler’s and for the views, and watching pelicans dive there. Having the restaurant there makes it a good choice, and I’m sure you would see fewer if your fellow cruise mates there...

• 3 months later...

Thank you for asking this question as I was confused as well!   How is the drive to LB Beef?  Is it as hilly and adventurous as the ride to Cane?  I’m looking for nice beach option without the harried drive and LB Beef looks awesome!