Fresh off of MSC Bellissima

twruger

We sailed the Western Med on the Bellissima from 9/27 - 10/4.  Gorgeous ship!  Loved most of it, though dining room food was hit and miss, nothing special.

71274862_10156705745340036_6046242693435097088_o.jpg

71685614_10156708534395036_6310647000505253888_o.jpg

72597708_10156708533285036_4127513942832447488_o.jpg

71387596_10156710520385036_4550745719601889280_o.jpg

72140715_10156710518955036_6374135782600343552_o.jpg

Edited by twruger
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, skings said:

Did you go to buffet?  Love the photos

We know each to there own and am sure others will disagree but we actually thought the buffet was the worst we’ve ever had on any cruise ship.

It didn’t help with so many rude passengers always pushing and shoving as though they’d never been fed or they were going to run out of food.

Certainly wouldn’t cruise on her again unless in Yacht club even then we have our doubts.

Having said all that it’s a very nicely designed ship.

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2019 at 8:20 AM, skings said:

Did you go to buffet?  Love the photos

We only did the buffet for breakfast and late night snacks.  Never tried it at lunch or dinner.  I thought that the breakfast was decent, no complaints.  Breakfast was crowded.... head straight to the back of the ship.  The stations repeat the same choices several times around, and everyone just starts up front and its a huge crowd.  Go straight to the very back, and no one is there and there is less hassle (probably true of any ship).  Also, I advise that after loading your plate and dealing with the nasty tongs, you then wash your hands before eating.  I saw too many sneezers that would just grab the tongs after sneezing into their hands. 

The late night snacks became a key part of my routine every day after DW went to bed, and midnight I would head down for a quick snack of pizza and whatever small dessert was available (usually smaller portions of whatever was offered on the dinner menu and left over).  They also usually had several sandwich choices available.  I was amazed at the pizza quality.  It was really great pizza!!  The mozzarella was made right on the ship.  I was especially fond of what they called charcoal pizza, black crust which I assume was made with charcoal.  Tastes great and <warning> great cleanser for the digestive system also.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks, we are sailing on the Bellissima on Feb 2020 from Dubai.

We have booked an Aurea package as we had that on the Seaside in October 2019.

My question is, does anyone know if the Aurea sundeck is the same as the Seaside? Is it as big? does it have a bar?

Any info would be greatly recieved.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, garrob said:

Hello folks, we are sailing on the Bellissima on Feb 2020 from Dubai.

We have booked an Aurea package as we had that on the Seaside in October 2019.

My question is, does anyone know if the Aurea sundeck is the same as the Seaside? Is it as big? does it have a bar?

Any info would be greatly recieved.

Hi, 

The sundeck is roughly the same size , however there is no bar just a small seating area.Bar service is available but you cannot order hot drinks. 

Federico

On 12/19/2019 at 2:42 PM, twruger said:

We only did the buffet for breakfast and late night snacks.  Never tried it at lunch or dinner.  I thought that the breakfast was decent, no complaints.  Breakfast was crowded.... head straight to the back of the ship.  The stations repeat the same choices several times around, and everyone just starts up front and its a huge crowd.  Go straight to the very back, and no one is there and there is less hassle (probably true of any ship).  Also, I advise that after loading your plate and dealing with the nasty tongs, you then wash your hands before eating.  I saw too many sneezers that would just grab the tongs after sneezing into their hands. 

The late night snacks became a key part of my routine every day after DW went to bed, and midnight I would head down for a quick snack of pizza and whatever small dessert was available (usually smaller portions of whatever was offered on the dinner menu and left over).  They also usually had several sandwich choices available.  I was amazed at the pizza quality.  It was really great pizza!!  The mozzarella was made right on the ship.  I was especially fond of what they called charcoal pizza, black crust which I assume was made with charcoal.  Tastes great and <warning> great cleanser for the digestive system also.  🙂

You just described why we avoid buffets “anywhere”. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FEDERICOGRUMP said:

Hi, 

The sundeck is roughly the same size , however there is no bar just a small seating area.Bar service is available but you cannot order hot drinks. 

Federico

The Aurea sun deck on Meraviglia is nowhere near as big as Seaside and is a poor effort by MSC in comparison. The pop up bar only serves drinks for the Easy package, if you have premium,premium plus or the old Deluxe package you have to go down to other decks to bring your own drinks because there are no waiters. After the main Bar Manager  had been made aware it seems from this week's cruise that they may remedy that issue.