How obstructed is a 5A on the main deck of Miracle

walkswife

5A is VERY obnstructed... its french doors that can be opened for air but thats about all- you can not go outside to sit. There is a little railing there.

If your cabin happens to be in the middle of lifeboats you have a better view.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/58806902/1119518384040556309OTxYSE

Oh well since they went from Inside Gty to obstructed and we can open for air that's an upgrade in my book:)

That's what we thought, too. With the prices not moving downward at all, we decided a 5A beats the bejeepers out of staying at home and painting the fence for a week.

Mark T.

5A is VERY obnstructed... its french doors that can be opened for air but thats about all- you can not go outside to sit. There is a little railing there.

If your cabin happens to be in the middle of lifeboats you have a better view.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/58806902/1119518384040556309OTxYSE

I upgraded to an obstructed balcony on the Legend because of this. Check with Carnival...due to the "rash" of missing persons, etc. Carnival has sealed these doors on Spirit class ships. THEY DO NOT OPEN!

event.png

Now I know where the hairy sea lion is headed. ;)

ahhh but the hairy sea lion does not know which room belongs to me:eek: .....he could scare some unsuspecting girl scout or her mother....or get clonked over the head by the dad in our group:rolleyes:

I upgraded to an obstructed balcony on the Legend because of this. Check with Carnival...due to the "rash" of missing persons, etc. Carnival has sealed these doors on Spirit class ships. THEY DO NOT OPEN!

It has been reported that the doors are sealed on the Legend only. I dont think it has been the case of the Miracle or the Pride.

It has been reported that the doors are sealed on the Legend only. I dont think it has been the case of the Miracle or the Pride.

Where has this been "reported"? I checked with my PVP and she knew nothing about it fleetwide. I'm going on the Miracle and she says all is well.

Mark T

We have six 5A rooms on the main deck of the Miracle ranging from rooms 4128-4148 anyone know how obstructed the view is?

Very Obstructed, I been in 4140, 4146 they all have lifeboats outside your window, also dont open the door because you will get a good wiff of that grease odor into your cabin.

event.png

We were on the Legend Dec 11 2005 in a 5A obstructed/french doors and they still opened for us. When did they start this?

Where has this been "reported"? I checked with my PVP and she knew nothing about it fleetwide. I'm going on the Miracle and she says all is well.Mark T

When we sailed the legend a few years ago. met a couple who had a 5a who stated the doors were sealed shut. read on these boards too that the doors were sealed on the Legend. I dont think I said anything at all about it going fleetwide.

Its probably because of the young partying adults on each side of us on our Dec 11 2005 who hopped the rail and were running back and forth to each others cabin. They were very nice, fun and a little crazy!

When we sailed the legend a few years ago. met a couple who had a 5a who stated the doors were sealed shut. read on these boards too that the doors were sealed on the Legend. I dont think I said anything at all about it going fleetwide.

Serene, I wasn't suggesting that it was a fleetwide decision. What I meant to convey was there there were, according to Carnival, NO ships in their fleet that had the french doors sealed. I think an earlier post stating that on a 12/05 cruise they were open verifies this is not the case.

Mark T

Archived