Booking 1 person - 2 rooms

buckeyefrank

I have a strange question but we have 3 in our inside room for an upcoming cruise in 2020 to Bermuda.  My daughter is going with her boyfriend currently booked into a different room.  There is a possibility that the BF might not be able to go.  My thought is that I want to be pre-emptive because I don't think the price will go down.  I'm thinking of change my booking and putting her in my room.  She would be double booked (once in mine, once in her room).  If her BF ends up not going, we could cancel her room before the cancellation period with no penalty,  If he does go, she could be a no-show and we should get taxes and port fees back.  we would book on 3rd / 4th sail free.

With that I have a couple questions for experienced cruisers.

Would NCL's system allow my daughter to book herself into 2 different rooms at the same time?  She has been on NCL before and has a lattitudes #.

Pricing the room, shows taxes and fees of about $240 on their website.  Would we get all of that back as a no-show?  Something tells me we wouldn't get all that back.

Thanks

You'd still have to pay in full by 120 days for her booking in the second room.  If she is considered a no-show you wouldn't get that back so not sure why you would want to do that.  But I think you mean a no-show as the 4th guest in your room?

If he has to cancel before the cancelation period you should be able to cancel both of them and add her to your room as a 4th at that time.

Edited by RedwingHockeyFan

Booking 1 person in 2 staterooms is a no. You or a travel agent might be able to fool the system but at some point, the system will catch it.

I would keep it as 2 separate staterooms. If he can't go, the daughter can invite a friend or family member...or enjoy the stateroom by herself.

2 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

If he has to cancel before the cancelation period you should be able to cancel both of them and add her to your room as a 4th at that time.

That is an option but the 3rd/4th free might not be available at that time. Plus, if that section is at lifeboat capacity, the daughter cannot be added even if the stateroom has the capacity.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Could you add Great Aunt Mildred (GAM) as an extra guest in your room? If BF goes then you cancel GAM as the 4th in the cabin, if not cancel the extra room and change GAM to DD.

To be fair I may have confused myself here

6 minutes ago, Catchum said:

Could you add Great Aunt Mildred (GAM) as an extra guest in your room? If BF goes then you cancel GAM as the 4th in the cabin, if not cancel the extra room and change GAM to DD.

To be fair I may have confused myself here

Or book a fake name in with the BF.  If he can't go, that cancels and she's already in your room. If he goes, the fake name no shows, (or you cancel before hand) you get that person's port fee back, but nothing else on that cabin, as if he was sailing single, he'd pay the single supplement.  She's checked into your room, but stays in his.  He can get an extra key for his cabin. 

3 hours ago, Justaddvodka68 said:

Or book a fake name in with the BF.  If he can't go, that cancels and she's already in your room. If he goes, the fake name no shows, (or you cancel before hand) you get that person's port fee back, but nothing else on that cabin, as if he was sailing single, he'd pay the single supplement.  She's checked into your room, but stays in his.  He can get an extra key for his cabin. 

Either this or book bf as a solo. You are already planning on paying for 3 people in one room plus double occupancy for a second room (assuming everyone goes). Whether the fake person no shows or bf is solo, you’ll only pay port taxes and fees for one in the second room. Your daughter can get a room to bf’s room and sleep there if she is booked in your room. We have done this before to take advantage of perks.