Celebration is leaving the fleet ???

I haven't been on the forum for a while, so apologies if this has already been discussed. We are booked on the Celebration for September 2020 and really looking forward to it. We have been on Discovery 2, Dream, Majesty and the Spirit, the Spirit being our absolute favorite, so as she has sadly gone we booked the Celebration, being her sister ship. I've just been reading some recent reviews and shock horror one says the Celebration is leaving. Has anyone any info on this.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

It's a good cruise and best of all your luggage is bonded so no dragging it from airport to coach and vice versa

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

It's a good cruise and best of all your luggage is bonded so no dragging it from airport to coach and vice versa

Cheers, I like the sound of that, it all makes for a stress free holiday.

I think the lease contact on Celebration ends at the end of 2021 and people seem to be guessing Celebration will go in 2022. Dream is undergoing a refurbishment in January 2020 so they will probably keep Dream for another 4 or 5 years.  Also the staff captain on Dream is leaving to become the new captain of Celebration so it probably has a couple of years. 

Edited by GOQ
Add

2 hours ago, GOQ said:

I think the lease contact on Celebration ends at the end of 2021 and people seem to be guessing Celebration will go in 2022. Dream is undergoing a refurbishment in January 2020 so they will probably keep Dream for another 4 or 5 years.  Also the staff captain on Dream is leaving to become the new captain of Celebration so it probably has a couple of years. 

Celebration is no longer on lease ,it was bought by TUI UK in 2018