Cancellation ON Final Payment day

maryhou

Today is final payment for our cruise 12/28.  We paid for our adult children to join us.  They(our son & his girlfriend) decided to get two dogs...... they told us yesterday that they weren't going to be able to go on the cruise now because of the dogs.  We booked with a travel agency and I was curious if I should try to cancel through them or have them transfer my booking to Carnival and deal with them directly.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around this..... I am NOT a happy camper.  I am hoping to get the majority of my money back, praying and keeping my fingers crossed.  Have you had to cancel before?  We would still go with our daughter but just need to take the two of them off.  

we did actually make our final payment October 4th to the travel agency.  I called Carnival but they can't talk to me about reservation but I asked if I booked today for 12/28 cruise what would the rules be and they said today was final payment........ so I will definitely call the TA as soon as they open this morning

8 minutes ago, maryhou said:

Today is final payment for our cruise 12/28.  We paid for our adult children to join us.  They(our son & his girlfriend) decided to get two dogs...... they told us yesterday that they weren't going to be able to go on the cruise now because of the dogs.  We booked with a travel agency and I was curious if I should try to cancel through them or have them transfer my booking to Carnival and deal with them directly.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around this..... I am NOT a happy camper.  I am hoping to get the majority of my money back, praying and keeping my fingers crossed.  Have you had to cancel before?  We would still go with our daughter but just need to take the two of them off.  

That totally stinks!  We had a remotely similar situation happen to us when we booked (and paid for) several family members to cruise to disburse our parent's ashes.  My brother and his son cancelled close to final payment date and I had used Carnival gift cards to pay for the cruise.  It took longer to get the return of the gift cards than we had to make the final payments, so we ended up with gift cards and a future cruise credit that we had to use.  Thankfully we only lost $50.  I was grateful that they gave us the future cruise credit and sent the gift cards back to me and not to him since we paid for everything.  Sorry this happened to you and I feel your pain!

Sorry to hear that!

Personally I would have told my offspring to either find a dogsitter or look into a boarding kennel for the week since they knew ahead of time.

However you know your family best.

Enjoy your cruise with your daughter and I hope you can recoup some of your investment!

• Like 1