Pool on TA in December

2Oldpeopleinlove

2 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

We'll be going on a roundtrip TA in December. How likely are we to want bathing suits? Will the covered pool be open? We do plan to buy passes for the spa. I assume we'll need bathing suits for that, yes?

The deck 12 [Pavillon] pool and hot tubs will be open, as will the spa. Check the prices offered for the spa day pass - the per day price drops with multiple days. Check with the spa folks - on our last round trip [M929B] the spa insisted that the 6 day spa pass purchased on boarding expired in Hamburg after only using 4 days. The purser's office / guest relations was able to straiten things out.

Bathing suits are required in the spa's 'thermal suite' [pool, hot tub, steam room, saunas]. There is a locker room, so I prefer to change there.

I would not be surprised to see folks in the deck 8 [terrace] or deck 6 [minnows] hot tubs. 

Edited by TheOldBear
fixed cruise reference
  • Like 1

If you like swimming or just relaxing in a hot tub the covered pool on deck 12 will be ideal. The water is a bit warmer than in the Spa pool. The only down side is that the area is used for other activities, like ping pong, and from time to time has musical entertainment which makes the area a bit busy and noisy. If you go early in the morning there may be a conflict with some of the speakers you might wish to hear. It is the conflict of having too many things you want to do, which you will find often on your voyage. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

I would not be surprised to see folks in the deck 8 [terrace] or deck 6 [minnows] hot tubs. 

So the outdoor pools And hot tubs will be open (and hopefully well heated!)?  We are doing a Winter crossing as well and I am thinking this time I need to brave the cold and use the outdoor jacuzzis astern just for the thrill of it. 

We have taken two crossings on the QM2, one in early May and one in late September. Despite cool weather on both voyages, we did enjoy the outside hot tubes, especially the two on deck 8 with their specular view. However, and somewhat surprisingly, none of the hot tubes (decks 6, 8 and Grills 11) are actually hot. While definitely warmer than the pools, they are typically in the mid 90's rather than the 102-104 degree range. When open, the outside bar on deck 8 will keep one supplied with wine in the safety of plastic glasses (is that an oxymoron?) 

IMG_2178.thumb.JPG.2b5f86065c559a3c09eea8a47e53d896.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1