newbie has questions

noblewoman

On 10/14/2019 at 10:36 PM, Reel Love said:

Thank you for the tip, Jelayne ☺️    I hear you abut the lugging carry-ons around the ship.  Fortunately for us I think our next cruise (Silhouette Feb 2020) has the "go to the cabin to drop off your carry-on/pick up your key card option" so at least that eliminates one issue!

Hi, How do you know in advanceif the option is available? We are on the 2/23/20 Silhouette and would love to know. Thanks

On 10/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, VivianK said:

Hi, How do you know in advanceif the option is available? We are on the 2/23/20 Silhouette and would love to know. Thanks

Hi VivianK.  My understanding (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) is that as the ships are "revolutionized" they are changing to this new process where once you board, you can go immediately to your cabin to drop off your carry-on and pick up your key card.  You then have to leave the cabin areas so the crew can continue to prepare the rooms, or at least that was how it was on our Edge cruise which is the first time I have experienced this process on a X ship.  The Silhouette's first post-revolution cruise is Feb 14, 2020 so I guess I will find out on Feb 14 if this is correct   😄

10 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Hi VivianK.  My understanding (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) is that as the ships are "revolutionized" they are changing to this new process where once you board, you can go immediately to your cabin to drop off your carry-on and pick up your key card.  You then have to leave the cabin areas so the crew can continue to prepare the rooms, or at least that was how it was on our Edge cruise which is the first time I have experienced this process on a X ship.  The Silhouette's first post-revolution cruise is Feb 14, 2020 so I guess I will find out on Feb 14 if this is correct   😄

Thank you!