Peninsula Cruises

tring

Do people think peninsula club cruises are good value?  I have always had the feeling that the prices are higher to begin with so the extra 5% discount is just putting the price more where it should have been in the first place.  Would be interested in the opinion of others though.

Edited by tring

I posted this in another thread yesterday.

There are two Oceana cruises departing in June, same length, same destination etc.  There are also two Britannia holidays departing in June/July (pre school holiday) same length, same destination etc.

For an inside room, the Britannia holiday is £50 (select) more expensive for the later departure.  I can understand that as it is possibly more peak summer.

The Oceana holiday (inside room) is £120 cheaper to travel on the slightly later cruise.  That doesn't make sense...unless of course one of them is a Portunus cruise with an "extra 5% discount" to be applied.  Even with the special discount it is still approx. £40.00 more expensive...

Nice to be appreciated lol.

32 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

I posted this in another thread yesterday.

There are two Oceana cruises departing in June, same length, same destination etc.  There are also two Britannia holidays departing in June/July (pre school holiday) same length, same destination etc.

For an inside room, the Britannia holiday is £50 (select) more expensive for the later departure.  I can understand that as it is possibly more peak summer.

The Oceana holiday (inside room) is £120 cheaper to travel on the slightly later cruise.  That doesn't make sense...unless of course one of them is a Portunus cruise with an "extra 5% discount" to be applied.  Even with the special discount it is still approx. £40.00 more expensive...

Nice to be appreciated lol.

Is the early June Oceana one partly in the Bank Holiday week?  Or there may be some sort of event (perhaps at one of the ports) which could make that cruise, more expensive/popular.  As you say though some things just do not make sense though.  Once fluid pricing kicks in the prices will find their own level.