FTTF and a Suite question...

jimd909

Just now, jimd909 said:

Is it worth it to get FTTF if sailing in a full suite (GS)?  If you have FTTF do you get anything you don't get with the suite?

Thanks...

A suite doesn't get you the priority line at guest services or priority luggage delivery.  Suites also aren't automatically ready upon boarding.

• Like 1

FTTF doesn't ALWAYS get your luggage delivered quickly.  Bought FTTF on my second cruise and we didn't get our luggage until quite late in the day.  

Also, I'm not sure if we were just lucky.... on our last cruise I decided to go with a suite and it was ready for us very quickly.  I had walked up just to see where it was and the steward caught my attention and told me we could get into our room now.  I have no proof, but I suspect that maybe suites are prepared first.

13 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Yep, what they said.  I purchase FTTF and a Suite every cruise.  It's worth it to me. 

Ditto, we always get FTTF with a suite. I like my cabin being ready when I embark to drop our sodas, wine and luggage off rather than lug it around until 1:30. Then of course that line at guest services...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Ditto, we always get FTTF with a suite. I like my cabin being ready when I embark to drop our sodas, wine and luggage off rather than lug it around until 1:30. Then of course that line at guest services...

Yes!  Except, for me, having the Suite guaranteed ready upon embarkation is not just about dropping off my stuff.  I like to do my cleaning (yes, I clean my Suite a bit upon arrival:classic_blush:), set -up (shelf liner paper, etc.), and upack our carry-on luggage ASAP.  With FTTF, I have all this done and my first drink in my hand before most other passengers are onboard.  This helps me feel that my more-involved-than-typical settling in routine and my unapologetic overpacking don't cut into my vacation time too much.

Suites are the most expensive cabins on the ship. I would think they would be one of the first ones cleaned and ready for new guests. I wonder why Carnival doesn't care about these guests. You shouldn't have to buy FTTF when you've already spent a ton of money!

• Like 4