Disembarkation in Genoa

MissyMoo68

Hi, can anyone give feedback on what time disembarkation is usual from MSC in Genoa ?  We join MSC Fantasia next Saturday and Im trying to judge what time we can expect to catch a train when we disembark.  Itinerary says 9am but, from experience, its usually a lot earlier.

Thank you ! 

5 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

It is possible to catch the 9:30 train to Milan if you carry all your language.

Yep, that's the train I'm aiming for.  I think we'll carry off our suitcase and jump in a cab.

Just now, MissyMoo68 said:

Yep, that's the train I'm aiming for.  I think we'll carry off our suitcase and jump in a cab.

Cab is for sure much slower than walking. It cannot go directly, big dertour. Actually some tracks of the railway station are almost inside the cruise terminal. Just check the way on departure day when you have time. We rushed off the boat to the right track in the station for the Milan train in under 8 minutes 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we missed our train!  The ship only started disembarking at 9.30am and, thanks to MSC's typically inept organisational skills, we only got off at noon!

However, the earlier train had not cost a lot in the first place, so we got another pair of tickets for less than 40 Euros.

6 hours ago, MissyMoo68 said:

Well, we missed our train!  The ship only started disembarking at 9.30am and, thanks to MSC's typically inept organisational skills, we only got off at noon!

However, the earlier train had not cost a lot in the first place, so we got another pair of tickets for less than 40 Euros.

People who are in the hurry to catch planes/trains usually take their own luggage and self disembark... 

I did that last month on Bellisima and was in my car at 08:20. The boat docked at 08:00.

Also, you could see when you would approximately disembark day earlier via the ship news, so i would not blame MSC for everything 

13 hours ago, MissyMoo68 said:

Oh, sad to hear this. But why you had to stay on board until noon? OK, the train was gone, but you could just get off at 9.30, couldn´t you? 

We explicitly asked the night before if we could self-disembark but Reception said "no", so we put our luggage out for collection.  The next morning, I saw the self-disembarkers queuing up, so it obviously was an option.  Therefore, we hung on till our allocated time of 10.40 but it still took till noon to get off.