Pirate Extravaganza on RCCL-anyone been?

TKDLady

We stayed on St Lucia a few years ago - loved it.

While we were there we went on a Pirates sail on the Brig Unicorn (ship used in Roots and Pirates of the Caribbean), which was great fun. It was like watching a trapeze show while they put up the sails. Plenty of seating, fantastic views of St Lucia, plenty of food and drink. There was a swing rope where people swung out and fell into the water. We also went on a sunset cruise on the same ship.

We've booked with RCCL to do this trip again because it was so much fun. :D

Thanks for the input. I was getting a little nervous. Sound like a nice twist to the typical excursions. We'll be going through RCCL so I'll let everyone know how it was. Thanks!

:o I was feeling frustrated becasue I couldn't find something to do in St. Lucia. I came across this excusrion and it sounded like fun. Please write a review when you return. If you take any pictures could you please e-mail me at angelaandjohn@charter.net . Thank You for your help:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not unless you go in swimming! :D I managed to stay perfectly dry, but my DH and DS both used the swing into the water, and had great fun.

Thanks for you great help on this excursion! Very appreciated!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

• 4 weeks later...

Did you go to the beach area at all on Pigeon Island? Did you notice if they have chairs to rent or is it just a small beach? Any help or description of what you did would really be appreciated. We are going end of April.

Thanks!

Thanks so very much for the info and taking the time to share it. We can't wait! I realize some of questions are trival, but I love to read the boards and do the research, and the majority of the time it pays off. i.e. cruise to Europe- I had maps and directions to certain sites- everyone else on train to Rome were saying "I wished I would have thought of that". Makes you feel good especially when hubby sitting beside me and taking credit. :) Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

We'll be in St Lucia this Nov. on Princess

Being pirates ourselves (RRgghhh) we were looking at the pirate extravenganza.

Has anyone been recently ? and do you think this is geared more towards adults ? or kids ?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi the Brig Unicorn is a perfect choice to Explore Souferire. We had a blast on the old pirate ship. We also did the sunset cruise. They do Pigeon island for sunset. This is the ideal location for a sunset cruise. It is so magical and romantic to be at that spot with the sun seaping down to the bottom of the ocean with this bright orange light on the sea. Checkout ***** for a great package. Had a blast the ambassador service was excellent and I do have to thank the crew on the Brig. Thanks one all, hope you have a ball we had a magical time and did felt like we were in the film. "Pirate of the Caribbean" when our kids did the treasure hunt with their eye patch and swords during the excursion.

We did the Pirate Extravaganza excursion last November. It was fabulous. We had so much fun, and the crew was wonderful. We did go to Pidgeon Island which was great b/c we could see the Sandals Grande which is right next to Pidgeon Island where DH and I stayed a few months earlier for our honeymoon. There are no loungers or anything like that on the beach, but it's great just to sit out and enjoy the beautiful water. You can climb to the top of the hill and see a fort, which we did. AMAZING VIEW! You can see St. Vincent from the top of the hill. There is a treasure hunt for kids, but we didn't do that.

Overall it was a wonderful excursion! We spent most of the time telling pirate jokes to one of the crew memebers. I blame it on the "Rocket Fuel" (thier rum punch). That stuff was strong, but good!

These are great reviews because I so want to go on the pirate ship in St. Lucia on our Feb. 23/07 Galaxy cruise. I'm traveling with a couple of elderly folks who are interested in going as well. Please advise how do you get from the pirate ship to Pigeon Island. I read somewhere that you get to the island via small boats. How do you get down to the small boats? Or does the ship dock in somewhere?

Thanks for any information you can provide and I must say it: Ahoy matey!:D

Archived