Sneak a bottle on board.

drunkencruzer

Hi everyone. I have a question. If I try to sneak a bottle of booze on the ship, what happens? Do they take my bottle and pour it out? Hold on to it then return it to me after we get back? Refuse me to come aboard? etc. Please let me know what cruise line does what. Thanks for your help

Cruise critic had a story recently where it listed each line and their policy. The lines that do confiscate, give it back to you at the end of the cruise. just do a search from the home page on alcohol policy, you can try this link (if I do it right) http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseplanning/articles.cfm?ID=46.

Remember to have no matter what happens!

Although Royal Caribbean's and Celebrity's policy is no alcohol to be brought on board, the past few cruises from Miami and San Juan we've brought a luggage cooler with several bottles of wine and alcohol wrapped in bubble wrap. We check the cooler at the pier and it has always been safely delivered to our cabin.

Most cruise ships have a written policy but very few fully enforce that policy. On our Grand cruise we carried cases of beer onboard and nothing was said. Customs laws in PR allow you to take tons of boos onboard. Most lines allow Wine and soda is never restricted.

Regarding the cruise critic link above. When it was first posted it had many errors in it regarding correct info. On the princess site it listed that nothing can be taken onboard. Yet the contract that one receives when you get the cruise docs states that wine can be taken onboard.

You can also call the cruise line, via their 800 number and ask the question.

As stated above, it is best to pack the hard stuff in your luggage. The only way someone will say something is if you get carried away and take to bottle to a show or lounge, etc, etc.

Contrary to what you have been told the cruise lines are cracking down on this and will confiscate any hard liquior till the end of the cruise. Wine they will charge you a corkage fee but allow you to keep it.

They are responsible for how much you drink and need to control it. People falling over board because they are drunk as a skunk, people being raped for the same reason. Etc.

What line are you cruising with.. CArnival has the option to call the bon voyage dept and you can order liquor thru them it will be in your cabin when you embark (is alittle pricey but saves the hassle of having to sneak it on board).. unsure about beer tho..

What line are you cruising with.. CArnival has the option to call the bon voyage dept and you can order liquor thru them it will be in your cabin when you embark (is alittle pricey but saves the hassle of having to sneak it on board).. unsure about beer tho..

Yep... you can order it up to one week ahead of your cruise on Carnival thru their Bon Voyage deportment and it will be waiting there in your cabin when you arrive.

1 liter bottles lower end bottles (beefeaters, Absolute, Bacardi) are about $40, and the better spirits are up to $60 per liter and more.

HAL will confiscate your hard liquor and hold it until the end of the cruise. We have seen many people furious when they got back on board after shopping in a port only to have their liquor taken away from them.

You can either pre-order hard liquor from Ship Services or wait until you get on board and order it through room service or go to any bar and order a bottle - 15% gratuity will be added on.

If you bring your own wine or champagne on board and consume it in you cabin - no corkage fee. In the dining room there will be a $15 corkage fee which includes the 15% gratuity.

Well, you don't expect a screen name like RCCL Security with the subject line "Tell us the latest tricks" and the message, "We're trying to learn how people get around the rules. What ways have you devised to do this? Thanks in advance."

Just kidding.

And their delivering 2 cases of beer for my cruise on Saturday. Complete with gift wrap. I worked out to about $2.81 per beer. Cheaper then the bars on the ship and much nicer when we want to relax on our balconey.

Have you actually used them before? Just curious what you consider a case.. 12 or 24? And what was the total cost with delivery if you don't mind sharing thanks.

Who gives a flying fadoodle of what the cruiselines' policy is...just put the bottle in your checked luggage, wrap it in bubble wrap and/or a ZIPLOC bag, no problem. :)

I'm with Bob on this one. I pack two bottles of Grey Goose in bubble wrap and into a zip lock and then into my checked luggage at the pier. I have never had my booze confiscated out of my luggage or from my carry-on for that matter. Yea, all cruiselines prohibit bringing alcohol on board but for them to open every cruise pax checked luggage prior to it being delivered to your room is unbelievably time consuming for cruiseline staff, especially if they have to bag and tag every bottle of booze, only to be returned to you upon completion of the cruise. I've actually went to the extent to purchase booze in every port of call and walk right on board with it. I've been on 13 cruises on four different lines and never had my booze confiscated. Can it happen...yes, but I do it anyway. I too order a case of beer (24 cans) of miller lite from the cruise line for my cabin.

jcruise

Originally Posted by BobBeaSea

Who gives a flying fadoodle of what the cruiselines' policy is...just put the bottle in your checked luggage, wrap it in bubble wrap and/or a ZIPLOC bag, no problem. :)

Don't try this on NCL - they actually x-ray every bag, and if there is a bottle visible, they do not deliver the bag to the stateroom. You are notified to come and pick up your luggage in person, and they will confiscate the alcohol then and there - it will be returned the day of disembarkation. You can pay a $15 fee to bring wine on board, but not hard alcohol.

Just returned on the Caribbean Princess Jan 28th sailing. Bought liquor at St Thomas as well as St Martin and carried the cartons back to the ship. Did not have my liquor taken for 'safe' storage. Don't know why unless the ship didn't have sufficient security personnel to check the packages although they were run through the scanner.

Originally Posted by BobBeaSea

Don't try this on NCL - they actually x-ray every bag, and if there is a bottle visible, they do not deliver the bag to the stateroom. You are notified to come and pick up your luggage in person, and they will confiscate the alcohol then and there - it will be returned the day of disembarkation. You can pay a $15 fee to bring wine on board, but not hard alcohol.

I was on NCL less than two years ago and never had this problem. Like the previous poster, I too purchased my liquor at port and brought it on the ship. It went through the scanner and I picked it up and just kept on going. Security never said anything to me.

jcruise

Archived