Magical Shareholder OBC?

The Mikado

I just looked at our upcoming cruise and found an additional $50 Shareholder OBC credited to us but not applied to our cruise. I think it said it was good until the end of 2021. 

I realize this is a little lagniappe but it may be one we can't use if we keep our shares since it would be "stacking" OBC in a way that is, perhaps, not permitted. Any ideas?

it should appear automatically on any cruise you book up until the expiration date listed. The amount will go up if you book a longer cruise, up to $250.00 just like the shareholders. You must have submitted your dd214 previously for them to have your information to give you the credit.

I wish I could delete this thread and start over but there’s no ability to do that here, sadly.  So let me expand:

I already have a $250 Military OBC for our upcoming 15-day sail. That goes with the $250 Shareholder OBC. While looking at our booking today, I found another $50 Military OBC that has been granted to us but not allocated to our upcoming cruise. Further, it says it expires 12/31/2021 which sounds like we can’t apply it to our upcoming cruise... otherwise, why didn’t Princess already apply it? It’s just sort of sitting out there in no-man’s land. 

The question is will this ultimately be applied to our existing cruise or is it not permissible to stack this $50 on top of the existing $250? And why (looking the gift horse in the mouth) did we get this $50 anyway? Also, if we can’t stack it, how will we ever use it?

The $50 is there for your cruise after the currently booked one as a placeholder. It's the minimum given for military OBC. You'll get the correct amount depending on the number of days. You'll see a similar thing with Future Cruise Deposits. 

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, geoherb said:

The $50 is there for your cruise after the currently booked one as a placeholder. It's the minimum given for military OBC. You'll get the correct amount depending on the number of days. You'll see a similar thing with Future Cruise Deposits. 

Thank you for that pithy and clear explanation. 

When we booked this cruise, I had to remind the agent that I should have the Military OBC on file. She had to look up our previous cruise to see that it was on there before she could apply it to the current cruise. She said sometimes it takes one or two cruise cycles for it to be on there permanently. It seems that this is the way they let you know that it’s on your “permanent” record. 

Thank you, again. 

Once a DD214 is submitted it is “attached”  as a military benefit to your captain’s circle number. No one has to look it up it will automatically appear when you book a cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mapu said:

Once a DD214 is submitted it is “attached”  as a military benefit to your captain’s circle number. No one has to look it up it will automatically appear when you book a cruise.

Yes, that’s the way it’s supposed to work but did not in my particular case as it was not “attached” when we booked our second cruise. 

It’s there now... all that matters.