Cruise pricing

awmartin

7 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

For those who might be interested P&O obviously do still have issues this year with the 5% & 10% respective discounts and I took it up with the CEO's office. My issue is not that the 5% is already included in the online/brochure price and a dfurther 5% is added for returning passengers BUT that it is NOT mentioned anywhere that that is the case. I assumed it was as it has been in previous years and many on here have told me about it BUT it is not mentioned in their online terms and conditions It looks like it might get changed but here is part of the reply sent to me recently:

"New passengers are applicable to receive a 5% discount and this amount will reflect automatically on the website. All past passengers will then receive a further 5% off this amount making a 10% past passenger discount discount.
I can only apologise for any confusion surrounding the discount and regret that the information may not have been clear at the time of booking. We are in contact with our Digital Team and they are in the process of amending this information.
As a gesture of goodwill and as a form of an apology I have applied a further £50.00 per person onboard credit to your cruise booked on board Iona in 2021".

I hope this info might help others who feel misled as I did. It is poor advertising on the part of P&O and it need not have happened!

Exactly the same as last year, see post 9 of this thread.

Yes Rupert I was affected last year as well and that is why I refused to simply let it go again this time. They are just creating more work for themselves having to answer the likes of me and others who have also complained. It would be so much easier for everyone concerned if P&O simply showed the cost of the cruise at that given time online and then at checkout reduced that figure by either 5% or 10% - problem solved and full transparency achieved. Surely it is not rocket science? Rgds Graham

I didn't bother this year as I was more than happy with the price I was given by my new TA (yes I have joined the club) especially the extra discount given by them, it more than made up for the extra £50 pp OBC. No doubt they will do it again on the next launch, a leopard doesn't change its spots! 😊

4 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

I didn't bother this year as I was more than happy with the price I was given by my new TA (yes I have joined the club) especially the extra discount given by them, it more than made up for the extra £50 pp OBC. No doubt they will do it again on the next launch, a leopard doesn't change its spots! 😊

Indeed! I am pleased you are happy with your cruise. We are too and have one to look forward to in a little over 6 months now and in truth I only complained out of principle. In the grand scheme of things £50 p/p is not a huge sum of money BUT it all helps and if enough folk take up the issue with them hopefully they will do something to rectify it. Still, like you say a leopard rarely does change his spots lol. Take good care.