Entertainment on Explorer

frankdp

Had great variety,,,2 or 3 dance and song perf.by cast. Comedian, and great concert pianist.We only missed 1 nite ,due to being late back from excursion.Oh, also singer on 2 nites.That s one of the reason I booked again for Jan.

Only prob is hidden steps in theater. Are lighted ,but not enough and easy to miss.Do be careful, I fell and saw quite a few others.That really needs to be an incline,,not steps.

Glad to see theater filled most nites.Get there early for big show prod. for good seats.Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, alexandra cruiser said:

Had great variety,,,2 or 3 dance and song perf.by cast. Comedian, and great concert pianist.We only missed 1 nite ,due to being late back from excursion.Oh, also singer on 2 nites.That s one of the reason I booked again for Jan.

Only prob is hidden steps in theater. Are lighted ,but not enough and easy to miss.Do be careful, I fell and saw quite a few others.That really needs to be an incline,,not steps.

Glad to see theater filled most nites.Get there early for big show prod. for good seats.Hope that helps.

It helps a lot!  Thanks!

frankdp, I was on Explorer 2 months ago, IMHO, the production shows were as good as any that I have seen at sea.  Don't miss Paradis, for me it was as good as it gets for cruise ship entertainment.

Have a great cruise!

Bob

8 hours ago, frankdp said:

If anyone has been on Explorer recently, I would appreciate an update regarding the entertainment.   We are boarding on Nov 24 in Lisbon for a crossing. 

Thank you!

We got off in Barcelona on October 7th. Had the best entertainment ever. Your CD/Ast. CD should be Lorraine /David -  an awesome duo.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

We got off in Barcelona on October 7th. Had the best entertainment ever. Your CD/Ast. CD should be Lorraine /David -  an awesome duo.

Was on this cruise also but I have a different view of the entertainment. I thought that the entertainment was marred by the amplification of sound to uncomfortable levels, often surging way above 90 decibels as measured by a cell phone app.  The entertainers were good, but sound levels were annoying to my ears in the theater especially, so much so that I skipped some shows entirely.  Likewise the entertainment in the small lounges was mostly amplified at levels that I found uncomfortable.

However, the amplified piano in the observation lounge was kept at a reasonable level that permitted conversation and did not overwhelm the space.  That was a welcome change from a year ago when the observation lounge piano music was way too loud for my taste. One afternoon I wandered into the lounge and there was someone playing a guitar with no amplification.  The music was quite enjoyable.

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2019 at 12:11 PM, alexandra cruiser said:

Will certainly pay attention in the theater and will advise the same for my wife, thank you!   15-20 minutes early for good seats?

22 hours ago, boblerm said:

frankdp, I was on Explorer 2 months ago, IMHO, the production shows were as good as any that I have seen at sea.  Don't miss Paradis, for me it was as good as it gets for cruise ship entertainment.

Have a great cruise!

Bob

Thanks Bob, we will certainly not miss it!

On 10/24/2019 at 10:37 AM, frankdp said:

If anyone has been on Explorer recently, I would appreciate an update regarding the entertainment.   We are boarding on Nov 24 in Lisbon for a crossing. 

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, frankdp said:

Thanks Bob, we will certainly not miss it!

We are also on this cruise, but note it leaves on Nov. 23 not 24, wouldn’t want you to be left behind.

Pat

3 hours ago, golfer21 said:

We are also on this cruise, but note it leaves on Nov. 23 not 24, wouldn’t want you to be left behind.

Pat

Wow, how crazy would that be......  We get get into Lisbon on the 19th, hopefully will see you on board!  Assuming I get to the pier on time....