Question about Repositioning Cruises

charmy98

If I were to go on the Singapore to Brisbane repositioning cruise, does this mean the ship stays in Brisbane? It does not return to anywhere else?  Why I ask is that if I want to return to Australia to live can I use a repositioning cruise as my transportation instead of flying?

Sure - it's a mode of transport just a lot slower (and with much more to do and better food options).

Either way you will need to go through customs.

Edited by Rewind
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, charmy98 said:

If I were to go on the Singapore to Brisbane repositioning cruise, does this mean the ship stays in Brisbane?

It doesn't really matter where the ship goes,with the exception of a few arcane rules (typically ports in the same country), you can leave the ship at any port you want (use the ship like a ferry)

• Like 1

We have done two  repositioning Australia cruises that ended in  Fremantle , the port for Perth in Western Australia and stayed on for a long visit afterward. There wasn't any problems in doing so.

We were once on a transatlantic cruise from Port Everglades to Southampton with a couple who were moving back to the UK from the USA with a huge amount of luggage. They said it was cheaper doing it this way than paying for one way flights and shipping cost for their personal items to the UK.