Group Blocks

hawaiissunshine1

Question on group blocks: when do they expire before the cruise, assuming they keep getting extended? 

I booked our honeymoon for the Vista, hoping somebody would cancel a Havana room so we could upgrade. I have since learned that the entire Havana area was reserved for a group cruise well over a year ago. Based on their website, it looks like there are still plenty of rooms available with 121 days to go. Is there a typical time that the remaining rooms will open to the public? Or can the block be held up until sailing? 

1 hour ago, hawaiissunshine1 said:

Question on group blocks: when do they expire before the cruise, assuming they keep getting extended? 

I booked our honeymoon for the Vista, hoping somebody would cancel a Havana room so we could upgrade. I have since learned that the entire Havana area was reserved for a group cruise well over a year ago. Based on their website, it looks like there are still plenty of rooms available with 121 days to go. Is there a typical time that the remaining rooms will open to the public? Or can the block be held up until sailing? 

Un booked inventory in the Group Allotment may be called back at anytime before Final if the cruise line needs them and the Group is  not booking well enough.  No latter than Final or they would have to be paid for.