Activities on repositioning cruises

cruiser man 60

We're doing the 30 day Dubai to Japan cruise in March, great ports but also lots more of sea days. Anyone  been on these long cruises could advise do they have any extra daytime activities, shows on or is it bring plenty of books and go to the bar!

we are in Aurea on Bellissima so we will use Spa and probably the gym, the latter lightly!!

It all depends on you.  If you are a solitary type then you might want to catch up on your reading.  If you are a social type you might want to attend some of the functions each day and night and make new friends.  You will do well to set up a schedule by trying to get up each morning at a set time and spend your day doing the things you enjoy.  You can always take a nap and stay up later than normal.  

Personally, I enjoy sea days.  I love taking pictures of the sun rising at sea.  I love walking throughout the entire ship for exercise.  I love taking a nap in the afternoon.  I enjoy the dining experience and do not mind sitting at a dinner table for two hours over good wine and good conversation with new and old friends.  I enjoy listening to the various musical offerings in my evening tours around the ship.  I love playing the slot machines late at night after most of the players have gone to bed.  I particularly enjoy a nightcap at a quiet bar and getting to know the crew whenever possible.  There is no better feeling in this world than standing on the deck of a moving ship at sea.  I love sea days.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Depending of availability some activities on sea days include Tai Chi. Those are very good. You will probably have Zumba. Some games with animators. Once in a while good destination lectures, but that is rather a rare occurrence. Take your reading with you and hopefully you will have a balcony cabin to relax away of the multitudes.