Live from the Regal Oct 25- Nov 10 Canada and Carribean

pkt1976

I hate to hear about the old bed in your cabin!   So I will say I am so sorry!  But I am hopeful that all the cabins will have the new ones when we cruise.   And, those are awesome pics!  Hopefully the Halloween possessed plumbing has been exorcised.  I don't think I have heard of any real plumbing problems on the Regal.  

St. Maarten- I booked a 6 hour speedboat tour with Billy Bones boat charters. You could walk about 15 minutes or take the $7 round trip water shuttle to shopping/beaches to the meeting area. The water shuttle drops off at the same spot we were picked up. The directions could have been clearer as some of the landmarks they noted in the directions weren’t there. There were 23 of us on the Rum Bum, which can hold up to 31 passengers. Captain Miguel and first mate Diane were awesome and very helpful and fun. We stopped at several locations to swim and snorkel. An awesome lunch was also included at a locals restaurant. I’ll post pics when I’m back home. It was a great day! 

In Antigua, I booked with Heavenly Tours for a 4 hour tour. The meeting point was right outside the port. Jacqui was our guide for the day. She’s energetic, fun and loves talking about her home. We visited a private residence with a lot of historic memorabilia and their resident pets. We also visited a pineapple farm and drove around the area as she told us about her life in Antigua. We had lunch at the beach. I went in the water for a bit. I think it was Ffryes beach, I’ll check the spelling when I post the photos. 

I was moved to another cabin due to the plumbing issues, the demons that possessed the plumbing can keep it 🤣 they have several days to fix it before the next cruise so hopefully it will be in working order for the next cruise. 

I don’t think they’ve actually had the fountain show yet. The times I’ve gone it was canceled due to “wind” it wasn’t really that windy but that’s what they said. 

• Like 1

Great review.  The pictures from the 9/11 Museum brought back many memories.  It was very solemn walking through the museum and reliving that nightmare!  Looked like a slow day at Ellis Island...another great museum to visit.  Thanks again for the posts!!!

On 11/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, pkt1976 said:

The plumbing in my new cabin hasn’t worked right since day 1. The plumber has come 4 times already in less than 3 days for the shower and toilet. I’m a very patient person, but I’m getting very frustrated.

which cabin is that?

and which balcony cabin were you in first? Did it have the new mattress?

We are on Regal in 2 weeks and their old beds are horrible.  I have a bad back and couldn't sleep at all on our first Regal cruise. The second time we got the deluxe cabin and I slept on the roll out sofa bed which was much better.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

which cabin is that?

and which balcony cabin were you in first? Did it have the new mattress?

We are on Regal in 2 weeks and their old beds are horrible.  I have a bad back and couldn't sleep at all on our first Regal cruise. The second time we got the deluxe cabin and I slept on the roll out sofa bed which was much better.

1st was E436, had the new mattress, 2nd was E430 (with possessed plumbing) old mattress. Now I’m in M433, new mattress but there’s a big bump in the middle. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

1st was E436, had the new mattress, 2nd was E430 (with possessed plumbing) old mattress. Now I’m in M433, new mattress but there’s a big bump in the middle. 

Thanks, we are in E504 and E332 again. I hope the mattresses were replaced... :)

St. Maarten sounds wonderful!  Hope you are still having a great cruise.  We will be in one of the mid-ship cabins with the extended balcony.  So, the new bed might already be in that one!  Wonder why there would be a new bed with a bump in the middle?  Maybe there issomething off that can be adjusted?