Stateroom C204 on Coral Princess

Dorset Cruiser

7 hours ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

Does anyone have experience of this minisuite (no balcony) - it is at the very front of Caribe deck.  

Yes, I stayed in that exact cabin and loved it.  It's huge!  At the crack of dawn as we approached the Canal, it was very nice to be only steps away from the open deck overlooking the bow.  The location was very quiet (there's a housekeeping closet nearby, but I never heard any noise from the carts).  It's a long walk to the laundry room in the aft, though!  I'd happily stay in that cabin again. 

14 minutes ago, rdsqrl said:

Yes, I stayed in that exact cabin and loved it.  It's huge!  At the crack of dawn as we approached the Canal, it was very nice to be only steps away from the open deck overlooking the bow.  The location was very quiet (there's a housekeeping closet nearby, but I never heard any noise from the carts).  It's a long walk to the laundry room in the aft, though!  I'd happily stay in that cabin again. 

Thanks.  Are there chairs on this open deck at the front?

No, no chairs.  It has a metal railing, so you wouldn't be able to see anything while seated anyway.  It's mostly of use during the Canal transit; while at full sailing speed, it would be way too windy to be out there.  Now, the aft deck on Caribe does indeed have some loungers.  But, like the laundry room, it's a wicked long walk back there from C204!

20 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

No, no chairs.  It has a metal railing, so you wouldn't be able to see anything while seated anyway.  It's mostly of use during the Canal transit; while at full sailing speed, it would be way too windy to be out there.  Now, the aft deck on Caribe does indeed have some loungers.  But, like the laundry room, it's a wicked long walk back there from C204!

Walk off some of those calories 😂

We were just visited by the upsell fairy and we now have B203, a mini suite sans balcony.  Previous to the upsell, we had an outside window cabin, also no balcony, so for us, the move was worth it for the loads more room.  We are doing the b2b Nov 2 and 17 canal cruises and have the same mini suite for both cruises, so no packing up and moving to another cabin.  Added perk, since we're from Florida, no flying to or from SFO, so it's cheaper traveling.  The mini suite overlooks the bridge wing on the starboard side.  Hopefully, we won't gain weight from eating all the great food, since we have the long walk to our cabin!  Thirty days cruising--I can't wait!