500 day celebration

mycruisey

8 hours ago, mycruisey said:

We got the flowers, champagne and a visit to the bridge.  It was fascinating. No breakfast at Sabatini's but no matter as we are not big breakfast eaters.  There were several more folks, some with 500, 750 and 1000 days.  

My understanding is breakfast in speciality restaurant is granted at the 750 and up milestone so interesting that OnVacation11 stated they got this perk for celebrating 500 milestone. Also specialty dinner perk starts at 750, I was told.

Possibly some of the perks can be swapped, if allergic to flowers then ask circle host if swap is available.

13 minutes ago, wallyj said:

My understanding is breakfast in speciality restaurant is granted at the 750 and up milestone so interesting that OnVacation11 stated they got this perk for celebrating 500 milestone. Also specialty dinner perk starts at 750, I was told.

Possibly some of the perks can be swapped, if allergic to flowers then ask circle host if swap is available.

Typical that different ships interpret these policies differently across the fleet like everything else. 🙄

3 hours ago, memoak said:

They also attract people who see those destinations as a once in a lifetime so not as many elites as you will find on trans Atlantic cruises. Plus Alaska and Panama usually are more expensive especially Alaska

I see lots of good deals for Alaska at less desirable sailing dates from time to time but of course it involves expensive airfare.

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

We'll just have to see how flexible our Host is when the time arrives. Hopefully they'll be understanding in her situation. 

1 hour ago, CanICruiseSoonPlease said:

I also will be hitting my 500th sailing day in May and it does not have anything listed on my travel summary. 

I assume the posting of the milestone perk will not appear in your travel summary until about 6 days from sailing like the loyalty command credit for cruise credits 21 and greater. Since May is a ways off, there is the possibility of you booking another cruise before which then might cause the trigger of your 500th day. 

In case the Princess programming that is designed to alert the circle host a passenger will be hitting a milestone on that voyage has a hiccup, just swing by the host early in the voyage and enquirer if your numbers match and if the celebration is 'in the books'.

11 hours ago, wallyj said:

I assume the posting of the milestone perk will not appear in your travel summary until about 6 days from sailing like the loyalty command credit for cruise credits 21 and greater. Since May is a ways off, there is the possibility of you booking another cruise before which then might cause the trigger of your 500th day. 

In case the Princess programming that is designed to alert the circle host a passenger will be hitting a milestone on that voyage has a hiccup, just swing by the host early in the voyage and enquirer if your numbers match and if the celebration is 'in the books'.

Thank you!!