Horizon Review - 10/19 - 10/27

ishap

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 7:16 PM, lasvegascruising said:

Let's talk about carry on luggage.  I have read here on cruise critic stories of lost luggage.  You all know the flyer that shows up in your cabin, hey we are looking for a black rolling piece of luggage.  The story that will never leave my memory is of a lady that never received her bag and had no clothes for the entire week.  She was over heard at guest services and other ladies who over heard this gave her some of their clothes.  This will never happen to me, ever.  I leave the house, a day before the cruise, to the airport with my carry on.  That bag never leaves my sight until I am in my cabin.  Hubby and I each have one carry on and then we have a large bag with stuff that I want to have but if is lost, not the end of the world.  Even typing this makes me nervous about my up coming trip.  I think I will plan to leave to the airport even earlier than ever and my carry on will have even more clothes, shoes and swimming suits.

I would guess the chances of your bag being lost and never found is close to getting hit by lightning. Yeah it happens, but whats the odds?

I just seen where you were doing a review of the Horizon with pictures, and I will be following along.  I have booked the Horizon for our March 15th cruise for 8 of us, which includes my 3 sons, 3 d-i-l's and my friend.  I will try to pickup  pointers from your posting, but I believe I KNOW exactly what to do about the elevators, and told my group, let ME handle of how to work the elevators!!!

This was a fantastic review.  My hubby and I are booked in a Havana aft extended balcony for January 11th and are SOO excited.  We just got back from the Sunrise over Thanksgiving with our 5 teenagers so Horizon will be a welcome treat for our anniversary!  Thanks again!

On 10/30/2019 at 4:10 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

We did exactly that on our last cruise. We requested the same table and wait staff every night on YTD.

Agree us too. Great experience once you find a team that fits.

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, ishap said:

Well, I am unfortunately back at work today after getting off of the Horizon yesterday, but in order to help the sting of being back in the office, I figured I would start writing my view of the Carnival Horizon...both the good and the bad.  I will include pics and hopefully some video of a few things.  I warn you now...this won't be written all in one sitting, but rather as multiple pieces in this post as I organize my thoughts, get time over the next few days to type them out, organize my pics, etc.  I hope you all find it informative and it helps you on your journey.

What a great review!!! Thanks so much for taking the time for so many details and pics. I too will be experiencing the smart elevators for the first time so that video was most helpful. I am wondering though about wheelchair use. Hubby sometimes needs on and we will be bringing his for the first time mostly for use in port. I wonder if there is a way to let the elevator know there will be a wheelchair as well. Anyway, something to research and I love to do research. 🙂 Again, thanks so much for your review!!

On 1/19/2020 at 5:59 PM, a4ofspades said:

What a great review!!! Thanks so much for taking the time for so many details and pics. I too will be experiencing the smart elevators for the first time so that video was most helpful. I am wondering though about wheelchair use. Hubby sometimes needs on and we will be bringing his for the first time mostly for use in port. I wonder if there is a way to let the elevator know there will be a wheelchair as well. Anyway, something to research and I love to do research. 🙂 Again, thanks so much for your review!!

From what I remember, there was not an option to indicate wheelchair.  We did see several people using them on the ship and did not notice any issues.