Equinox latest Whisky/bourbons list...

dis2cruise

Hi we were on the Edge in  later September and my husband loves his bourbons.  He was very disappointed with the lack of  selections of whiskeys and Bourbons available and he did have the premium drink program as well. We thought maybe because we were in Europe it’s a little different?  

We are actually thinking about booking a Western Caribbean on the Equinox  in January but we’d like to know if somebody has the latest list of whiskeys and Bourbons so he can check it out.   Thanks!

Recent Equinox 11 day had Jim Beam..classic....Woodford and Makers, premium...saw some Bulleit at the world class bar, you could get it on the rocks there...

that was it...not very impressive, but the Bride and I managed. 🙂

I am a pretty big bourbon aficionado. I keep about 150 bottles of bourbon on hand at the home bar with about 2/3 open... including some pretty good stuff (1970s/80s dusties, Pappy 12 & 23yr currently, etc).

I have the premium beverage package booked for an upcoming sailing, and I'm perfectly fine with drinking makers neat all week if that's what they have. That said, I will also be bringing aboard a couple rum runners of good stuff for a treat here and there. 

Anyone expecting allocated bottles to be available on the ship these days is expecting a little too much IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have the classic package and are thinking about upgrading, you should check the bourbon available before you do. Our last cruise they pulled out one bottle of Woodford Double Oak on day 5, when I complained to a beverage supervisor. It was cheaper to pay the difference for two days than to pay $12.00 plus per day for Makers, but that is my personal choice - and I have about 150 bottles or so as well😋

• Like 1

Have a feeling our upcoming Equinox Cruise will be a “make do”  as far as bourbon is concerned. That said, I am looking forward to some of the concoctions from the World Class and Martini Bars that I don’t make at home. Thankfully I am somewhat eclectic in my liquor tastes so I am sure I will be able to find some drinks I am happy with under the premium package and I know I will have my favorite bourbons and ryes from my home bar to look forward to when I return. I will be bringing a list of the premium  liquor available and will be curious to see what is actually on the ship.

Mary Ann

6 hours ago, Icon901 said:

I am a pretty big bourbon aficionado. I keep about 150 bottles of bourbon on hand at the home bar with about 2/3 open... including some pretty good stuff (1970s/80s dusties, Pappy 12 & 23yr currently, etc).

I have the premium beverage package booked for an upcoming sailing, and I'm perfectly fine with drinking makers neat all week if that's what they have. That said, I will also be bringing aboard a couple rum runners of good stuff for a treat here and there. 

Anyone expecting allocated bottles to be available on the ship these days is expecting a little too much IMO. 

Hello icon901,

I will be very interested in learning about Bourbons, from you, on our next cruise. Will be joining you soon. My background is Scotches, Single Malt etc.. lately tequilas anejos etc. I know nothing about Bourbons and yet I hear a lot of good things about quality bourbons. I do have a premium package.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AquariusOne said:

Hello icon901,

I will be very interested in learning about Bourbons, from you, on our next cruise. Will be joining you soon. My background is Scotches, Single Malt etc.. lately tequilas anejos etc. I know nothing about Bourbons and yet I hear a lot of good things about quality bourbons. I do have a premium package.  

Excellent! Are you on embarking on Equinox coming up this weekend? If so I'd be happy to have a drink one weekend to chat whiskey. Can even share a pour from my personal "stash". :)

I know very little about scotches but would love to learn more about the styles. I do enjoy Ryes and some Irish (Redbreast) and Japanese (Hibiki) whiskeys as well. 

I'm just dipping my toes in the tequila waters, but am developing a taste for them as well. My good friend is a bit of an aficionado for them and has been widening my horizons. 

Edited by Icon901

1 minute ago, AquariusOne said:

Yes, we are on the same cruise as you are. Love to sit down with you and share a drink. Also share stories with you about our tequila excursions into Mexico, where it all started. Let me know when & where we can meet on the ship.

Sounds great. Feel free to DM Me on here and we can exchange contact info.