Bus from Cruise Port to Mullet Bay

Libbiroed

Hi everyone!

We love taking the local bus when we are in port. I saw that there was a bus from Philipsburg to Mullet Bay but I can't seem to find information of where you get on the bus and where you get off. Does anyone have the street you catch the bus from by the Cruise Port? Can you go right to Mullet Bay or does it go to Maho Beach and you can walk to Mullet Bay? Any specific infromation would be great. Otherwise I saw a group taxi is 6pp, which is better than $25 one way that I saw for a private taxi. 

On 10/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, Libbiroed said:

Hi everyone!

We love taking the local bus when we are in port. I saw that there was a bus from Philipsburg to Mullet Bay but I can't seem to find information of where you get on the bus and where you get off. Does anyone have the street you catch the bus from by the Cruise Port? Can you go right to Mullet Bay or does it go to Maho Beach and you can walk to Mullet Bay? Any specific infromation would be great. Otherwise I saw a group taxi is 6pp, which is better than $25 one way that I saw for a private taxi. 

The local buses run from Back Street.  Find the court house/Diamond's International area then head back behind the straw market area and turn left.  There isn't a designated pick up/drop off spot.  You flag them down much like a taxi by a wave.  Some will take you to Mullet Bay - just ask.  Some will stop at Maho.  It is walk able but there are no sidewalks and you are cutting through the golf course from Maho to Mullett.  The trick won't be getting there - its finding a bus to bring you back.  Price is $3 ish per person I believe.  

On 10/28/2019 at 9:45 PM, Libbiroed said:

Hi everyone!

Walk to the water taxi, purchase a return for $7.00, walk to front street, faff about finding a jinty $6.00 return (without any tips).  Total spend $13.00 pp return (without any tips).  

Lucky if you find a return jinty immediately, be prepared for a wait by the side of a busy road.  

Walk to Water deck on the Boardwalk, Q, water taxi (no tips), walk from Water Taxi dock to the ship.

As you say, $6.00 pp taxi each way (without a tip) = $12.00 pp return will save you $1.00 pp

To save money forget the Water Taxi and walk to the town centre,  then take a jinty.  And on return walk from the Town to the ship. Therefore your spend will be only $3.00 pp each way for the jinty = $6.00 return.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive