Cambodia and Viet Nam Visas

Westiesheepie

3 hours ago, Mark56 said:

Anyone been to Vietnam? I’m interested in going.

Yes we've done the Singapore-Hong Kong and vice versa cruise twice, most recently on Ovation during December18/January1.

It had 3 stops in Vietnam.

Great cruise, one of my favourite itineraries actually. If you do a board search there has been at least one recent thread that discusses the ports on that cruise, assuming the search function is working today as I frequently have problems with it!

edited to add link to thread 

Edited by Isklaar

On 11/2/2019 at 11:48 AM, Mark56 said:

Anyone been to Vietnam? I’m interested in going.

Did a land tour a few years ago and met some lovely people and it's a beautiful country.  We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise with ports in Vietnam around year end.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:19 AM, Westiesheepie said:

Viet Nam recently announced the reduction of visa fee for cruise passengers to $5 for US citizens. How much does Seabourn charge for arranging this visa? And do I still need to get a Cambodian visa if I do not intend on leaving the ship? 

Hi Westiesheepie, 

We are doing this cruise in December, we have eVisa's for Vietnam, which I sourced myself but we could not get eVisa for Cambodia, I rang and spoke to Seabourn and she said we need a visa for Cambodia even if we are not leaving the ship and that we can get this Visa on the ship, she just put a note on our seabourn account.

Hope this helps you.

2 hours ago, 2aussiegolfers said:

Hi Westiesheepie, 

We are doing this cruise in December, we have eVisa's for Vietnam, which I sourced myself but we could not get eVisa for Cambodia, I rang and spoke to Seabourn and she said we need a visa for Cambodia even if we are not leaving the ship and that we can get this Visa on the ship, she just put a note on our seabourn account.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks 2aussiegolfers! I will try to get the eVisa for Vietnam myself. Please post a review of your cruise when you return. Happy Sailing!

Edited by Westiesheepie
  • Thanks 1

From what I can find online the Vietnam  eVisa is only acceptable for arrival at designated international airports and NOT cruise ship ports. Can anyone confirm that an advance eVisa will be valid for cruise ship arrival?

1 hour ago, won2go said:

From what I can find online the Vietnam  eVisa is only acceptable for arrival at designated international airports and NOT cruise ship ports. Can anyone confirm that an advance eVisa will be valid for cruise ship arrival?

Don't know where you found that, it's valid at the following listed airports, land crossings and seaports (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/documents/20181/117155/List-of-evisa-port.pdf/c774e24b-1ab8-4fb6-9ac1-dcdfaccecf8e) which includes all the cruise ports you are likely to be using.. however .. it's a single-entry visa and you're going to two ports (and it's not clear from anything I've read whether that counts as one or two entries). 

When we did this cruise every single suite which I saw received a letter stating they would get a visa on arrival, to the point we had to go to seabourn square and stop them as we're visa-exempt in most asian countries. The final online cruise documents had an excellent summary of which ports they could get visa on arrival for and it was (to my recollection) everywhere for almost everyone with the exception of China if people were extending their stay. So if you can get it on board, I'd just do that, I recall nobody complaining they were stiffed for the visa fee. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:56 AM, won2go said:

We got multi entry eVisa, I just put the first day we visit and the last, it is checked and emailed within a few days so I suspect they will contact you if there is any issues.