International Friends Pre Cruise Package

trrn2016

They have a good reputation.

I expect that you know that you could make your own arrangements for a lot less money. Public transport in the UK is generally good and pretty reliable. I guess that you are paying for the convenience of having someone else to do all the planning.

As Bob says, they're reputable operators.

And I've no reason to believe that they won't be dependable.

Plenty of CC members like avcruz have taken their tour-transfer coaches between London & Southampton and been very happy with their experience.

But I've not known of anyone taking their 3-4 day package, and I agree with Bob - there's really no need to take it. 

Yes, you can skip the research and leave the planning to them, but you really do need to research to figure where YOU want to stay,  what YOU want to do & where YOU want to see during that time rather than whatever they put on your plate.

It takes away your flexibility,, and much of their programme can be replicated at minimal cost.

JB :classic_smile:

On 10/29/2019 at 7:05 PM, Bob++ said:

They have a good reputation.

I expect that you know that you could make your own arrangements for a lot less money. Public transport in the UK is generally good and pretty reliable. I guess that you are paying for the convenience of having someone else to do all the planning.

I have been searching both options. I have never been to Europe and I am a little intimated by doing it on my own. Thanks for your help.

Well, in the UK and Ireland at least, the language is the same (more or less). 

To me, half the fun of a holiday, cruise or on land, is the research and planning. There is a wealth of experience on this site as well as Google; so, unless time is short, you should not be put off by being in a foreign country.

A lot of your decisions will be a balance of wishes and budget, but most people start by picking a hotel and working from there. The hard bit is deciding which of the vast number of attractions in London to miss.

Some people like to DIY everything, while others book organised tours based in London. Of course the choice is entirely yours, but if you want advice on a projected plan, post it here and you will get helpful advice.

Edited by Bob++

2 hours ago, Bob++ said:

Well, in the UK and Ireland at least, the language is the same (more or less). 

To me, half the fun of a holiday, cruise or on land, is the research and planning. There is a wealth of experience on this site as well as Google; so, unless time is short, you should not be put off by being in a foreign country.

A lot of your decisions will be a balance of wishes and budget, but most people start by picking a hotel and working from there. The hard bit is deciding which of the vast number of attractions in London to miss.

Some people like to DIY everything, while others book organised tours based in London. Of course the choice is entirely yours, but if you want advice on a projected plan, post it here and you will get helpful advice.

I have looked at Hampton by Hilton at Waterloo. It looks centrally located.