Guaranteed Cabin on Costa - How does it work?

gerryuk

I am doing Barcelona to Rio with Costa on 19 November, I have a inside guaranteed cabin booked, but how does this work? Last year I did the same cruise but had booked a balcony cabin and had room number and ticket to hand, and when I arrived at the port you queued up first and handed over your luggage  with the room number tagged on, then proceeded to go into the terminal at Barcelona. I have just checked with My Costa and the ticket for this cruise is coming back as not available at this time. Does this mean that the nobody is able to get their tickets yet or have they been issued to all without a guaranteed cabin. Do you get a ticket sent to you before the cruise if you have a guaranteed cabin or are the tickets given to you when you arrive at the port? I have even read, don't know if its correct, that you can get you're room allocated to you when you are on the ship, if this is correct what happens to your luggage when you arrive at the port? I think I am a little worried that, without a ticket, I turn up at the port to be told that there is a problem and I am not booked on this cruise. Anybody know what the procedure is with guaranteed cabins on Costa, Regards.

3 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

As time is passing, instead of waiting for a multitude of answers from different countries, why not contact Costa direct or TA if booked via them.

Good advice but if someone can answer the question I am confident that is what OP wants. 

Thanks for the answers. This morning I was able to print off the boarding pass, so at least I know that everything is in motion, so to speak. If by Tuesday I still haven't received the cruise ticket I will give them a call, although I have already sent them a email.

4 minutes ago, gerryuk said:

Thanks for the answers. This morning I was able to print off the boarding pass, so at least I know that everything is in motion, so to speak. If by Tuesday I still haven't received the cruise ticket I will give them a call, although I have already sent them a email.

Good luck and have a great cruise.