Port Everglades to FLL for a 10:40am Flight. Possible????

blessedx3

You’ll need to do the self-disembark to make this happen.  Don’t put your Luggage in the hall the night before... keep it in your room, then carry it all with you the next morning at the specified time.  You’ll be the first group off the ship.

Make sure all your shuttle arrangements are in order, for after you’re off the ship.

And have an idea for a back-up plan, in case something goes wrong and you can’t make the flight.  (Just so you don’t flip out and make a fool of yourself or get arrested for disorderly conduct.)

Several times, I have self-disembarked, got to my car which I’d parked at the port, and driven 1.5 hrs to work, arriving before 9:30am.

I think your plan is fine, just make sure you self-disembark.

It's certainly possible...as long as you recognize the pitfalls of planning for that early flight.  Most times it will go smoothly, but there are those times when it won't...

• As others have said, you need to be prepared to be in the first group off the ship.  You must manage all your luggage yourself, be up early and ready to go as soon as the ship is cleared for debarkation.  This may mean being up before the sun to get breakfast and get in line, all before the ship is cleared
  • Have your own transportation plan to the airport - either private car, Uber or taxi...don't depend on the ship's transfers
  • Have a backup plan - this is KEY.  Know the flight schedules of alternatives to your home in the event you miss your original flight...and be prepared to make those changes BEFORE your original flight departs.  Once your original flight departs if you have not notified the airline that you won't be in your seat, your option to change it is gone.
  • Be prepared to make changes on board in the event you learn the ship is delayed back to port.  On our last cruise out of FLL, we had a medical emergency on the way back that required a diversion to Grand Cayman to offload a sick passenger.  This was a full 48 hours before we would be back to FLL and already the captain said we would be late.  Many, many passengers were at Guest Services trying to get early flights changed.  We docked around 8:30am and weren't cleared to debark until 9.  Lots of folks didn't make those early flights.

It's personal choice, really.  For me, I'm not willing to wreck the buzz of a relaxing vacation with a stressful time-crunch return.  Many do it though, and are successful.  

• Thanks 1