Dinning included on Iona

Vampiress88

Wish they would make it simpler for my little brain. 

Please correct me. 
included dinning 

•SkyDome Pizzeria and Grill

•Main dining restaurants: Pearl, Coral, Aqua and Opal

•Horizon Restaurant
•The Quays - The Boardwalk Diner, Fusion, Hook Line and Vinegar

chargable dinning 

•The Keel and Cow

•The Quays-The Olive Grove

•Eric Lanlard's Afternoon Tea

Gelateria

Sindhu

Sundaes

The Beach House

The Epicurean

The Glass House

The Limelight Club

Vistas Café Bar

have I got this right?

Nobody is entirely certain and won’t be until May next year. However, I think a list that says ‘included dining’ and ‘chargeable dining’ is pretty clear. If it is included, there is no extra cost. This includes the main dining restaurants, buffet and some other ‘outlets’ new to P&O. The others will levy a charge which nobody knows yet although those that already exist on other ships will presumably be comparable.

I think the variety on offer is exciting but we will have to wait to find out the proportions of guests choosing each alternate venue and the balance between those who choose the ‘included dining’ options against the chargeable ones.

From the Nov 2019 - April 2022 full brochure:

Included: Pearl, Coral,Aqua & Opal (Freedom Dining) Restaurants; The Quays; The Horizon Buffet;Taste 360

For a fee: The Olive Grove; The Keel & Cow; The Epicurean; Sindhu; The Glass House; The Beach House; The Limelight Club.

Also for a fee listed under bars: Ripples (gelateria); Sundaes (Ice Cream).

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I didn't know it ever was?

Perhaps I'm thinking of Princess.Marella have ice cream machines in the buffet.Wasn't impressed,it looked as if there had been a food fight with ice cream splashed everywhere,lol.

23 hours ago, Britboys said:

From the Nov 2019 - April 2022 full brochure:

Included: Pearl, Coral,Aqua & Opal (Freedom Dining) Restaurants; The Quays; The Horizon Buffet;Taste 360

For a fee: The Olive Grove; The Keel & Cow; The Epicurean; Sindhu; The Glass House; The Beach House; The Limelight Club.

Also for a fee listed under bars: Ripples (gelateria); Sundaes (Ice Cream).

Looks like just two extra chargeable dining venues (The Olive Grove; The Keel & Cow) over and above the normal chargeable venues found on the rest of the P&O fleet.

Not complaining, just an observation. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, P-L-B said:

That's correct.

Unfortunately not free except of course in the MDR where I often ask for ice cream with my desert.

However ice cream is free on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, and on the latter you can enjoy lots of different flavours, PLUS you can get a small bowl of M&Ms, peanut or plain as well.😋

58 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

However ice cream is free on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, and on the latter you can enjoy lots of different flavours, PLUS you can get a small bowl of M&Ms, peanut or plain as well.😋

Excellent, I will pay the extra £500 plus quid for some M&Ms and an ice cream😊

Andy 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

Perhaps I'm thinking of Princess.Marella have ice cream machines in the buffet.Wasn't impressed,it looked as if there had been a food fight with ice cream splashed everywhere,lol.

Not when I used it, they had a crewmember serving

Vampiress88,

I think Andy’s comments are meant to be taken slightly tongue in cheek.

However, I think the point being made is that although other lines for example may offer free ice cream etc. in reality you pay for these so called freebies through higher fares.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

Vampiress88,

I think Andy’s comments are meant to be taken slightly tongue in cheek.

However, I think the point being made is that although other lines for example may offer free ice cream etc. in reality you pay for these so called freebies through higher fares.

I get that. But it did make me wonder. We have always done p&o cos don’t really wanna fly etc so never prices up other lines apart from royal Caribbean other day and couldn’t make head nor tail of their website but they were definitely more expensive. 

ive gotten good deals with p&o that I don’t think I would get anywhere else

9 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I get that. But it did make me wonder. We have always done p&o cos don’t really wanna fly etc so never prices up other lines apart from royal Caribbean other day and couldn’t make head nor tail of their website but they were definitely more expensive. 

We recently priced a like for like with Celebrity and the starting price was nearly twice as much as P&O. 

You get a lot more included like drinks and M&Ms and I believe the facilities and ships are much better, but we came to the conclusion that we would rather have more cruises at lower prices, but still to a good standard. 

P&O are not the cheapest but in our opinion, the best value for money. 

Andy 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Other cruise lines may appear to be more expensive but they may offer things that are more attractive to some passengers.

We are very happy to cruise with P&O because the package suites us and for the reasons Andy points out above.

There are lots of other threads comparing other lines to P&O and you will get lots of different points of views.

Basically, as the saying goes, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Edited by P-L-B
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We recently priced a like for like with Celebrity and the starting price was nearly twice as much as P&O. 

You get a lot more included like drinks and M&Ms and I believe the facilities and ships are much better, but we came to the conclusion that we would rather have more cruises at lower prices, but still to a good standard. 

P&O are not the cheapest but in our opinion, the best value for money. 

Andy 

I think I’m with you that I would have more holidays at the lower price. And it’s not like we slumming it either. 

We are going to this two weeks in canary's in April then three weeks Florida in May. 

Doubt if we had of booked a different line we would have done both. 

also not big on drinking. Spent £161 in a week on drinks coke,tea,coffee,mock tails,cocktail,beer and wine (bear in mind I don’t really do alcohol tho so that was mostly hubby) for me, him and two kids who liked the mock tails.