Ventura P&O Drinks Prices

Sheep Flavour

As a newcomer to this, we are thinking of getting the drinks package, I think it just about worthwhile, but only if you can order wine by the glass in the main dining rooms. The sample menus only seem to have recommended wine by the bottle (not included in the drinks package) . Is wine by the glass available at dinner? 

26 minutes ago, newbie cruissy said:

As a newcomer to this, we are thinking of getting the drinks package, I think it just about worthwhile, but only if you can order wine by the glass in the main dining rooms. The sample menus only seem to have recommended wine by the bottle (not included in the drinks package) . Is wine by the glass available at dinner? 

You need to factor in that you will drink a lot less on port days, so the drinks package will be less attractive on port intensive cruises.

26 minutes ago, newbie cruissy said:

Yes there is a reasonable selection of wines by the glass that would figure in the drinks package.

30 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You need to factor in that you will drink a lot less on port days, so the drinks package will be less attractive on port intensive cruises.

Quality point this. We have quite a few ports to stop at in 12 days. We will either drink ashore or buy drinks so won’t need it.

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We are on Iona to the fjords in July. From what I can tell from the itinerary even on port days we'll return to the ship for lunch, so prob works for us. 2 port days are in little villages, and the other 2 port days the ship docks in the middle of town. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the menus. The drinks package will save us money. Before coffees and water I estimate my daily bill would be £36.25, now put a couple of soft drinks in there, plus a coffee and a bottle of water, I’ll have cracked £39.95 no problem. Port days don’t influence my decision as I rarely drink in port and only consume alcohol once back onboard. IMHO £5.90 for a single measure of Bombay Sapphire and a Schweppes slim line tonic isn’t reasonable, I pay less than that in a city centre bar. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 5:19 PM, newbie cruissy said:

We are on Iona to the fjords in July. From what I can tell from the itinerary even on port days we'll return to the ship for lunch, so prob works for us. 2 port days are in little villages, and the other 2 port days the ship docks in the middle of town. 

And the price of alcohol (and soft drinks) in Norway are extortionate so you need to drink (and eat) on the ship. 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the prices. I had been thinking of getting the drinks package for my New Year cruise but my very disabled son who is travelling with me doesn't like or drink any alcohol, hot drinks (except hot chocolate) and only likes water, soda, squash and milk shakes but I gather that both guests in a cabin have to have the same package, which would be an utter waste of money for him unless the people on board would be understanding. Any thoughts from experienced P&O cruisers?

10 minutes ago, Twogaterz said:

Thanks for sharing the prices. I had been thinking of getting the drinks package for my New Year cruise but my very disabled son who is travelling with me doesn't like or drink any alcohol, hot drinks (except hot chocolate) and only likes water, soda, squash and milk shakes but I gather that both guests in a cabin have to have the same package, which would be an utter waste of money for him unless the people on board would be understanding. Any thoughts from experienced P&O cruisers?

You don't say what age your son is, but if he is an adult you will have to buy 2 drink packages, costing £80 per day in total. There us no way that this is economical.  Just payg,  it will be cheaper in the long run. 

Thanks - he's 32 but has more junior tastes so it definitely wouldn't be economical.  Shame as on a cruise/holiday I like to have fresh orange juice and decent coffee for breakfast, a nice coffee mid-morning (and in the evening), mineral water plus drinks with lunch and dinner. They soon add up as I know from previous (non P&O) cruises.  Hopefully the non-alcoholic package would work for us both and I just buy some wine. Does anyone know whether it includes freshly squeezed orange (the list of what it includes isn't very specific)? 

On 9/21/2019 at 11:56 AM, RoseGab123 said:

Would appreciate some advise. We are sailing on Ventura soon and have freedom dining. After an unpleasant experience on sharing a table a few years ago, we would like to dine on a table for two whenever possible. Any advise on the best time to go to dinner?

On 11/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, cabin4three said:

Hope you are enjoying your cruise,  are mocktails available?  do you know the price of soda like coke?

hi all,

coke is just over two pound I think and mock tails are about 3-4 pound and lovely

• Like 1

The meal in the Epicurean it was amazing and we both loved it. Please bear in mind this is my first cruise for 20 years and my wife’s first ever so we don’t have anything to compare on if it’s better or worse than a few years ago but for the same meal we would of paid a lot more in the UK. We signed up on the day of the cruise and got a third off our bill. Have got pics will post pics when able