Portable Oxygen machine on Half Moon Cay

darstamp

I will be stopping in Half Moon Cay next March.  I take a Simply Go Portable Oxygen Concentrator which gives me supplemental oxygen while exerting myself, i.e. walking.  It is on a little two wheeled cart.  I am concerned about my machine on the sand.  I'd like to know if there are any solid walkways I could travel on and any places to sit besides on the soft sand of the beach.  I am thinking of renting a clamshell and wonder if that is a good idea. I could place my machine in a plastic bag while sitting because I don't use oxygen then.   I can take my machine off the cart and carry it but not for long distances as it weighs about 12 lbs.

There are solid walkways behind the beach.  The beach is hard to walk on unless you are down by the water.  I would recommend using the path until you get very close to the spot you want to sit and then crossing to the beach.  You will have to climb a few steps and the go down the other side.  There are clamshells you can rent with two chairs to give a bit of shade or there are many open chairs on the beach.   

If you just want to go to the BBQ, you can use the paths and not go to the beach. 

I would suggest you find a way to place the cart, or cover the wheels, with something (stiff and smooth with pull rope) that would slide over the sand.  I can envision a smaller version of a flet-bottomed snow sled with the rolled front that could be easily pulled over the sand.