Regal Princess Cabin Configuration

MightyQ

This may seem an odd question but it is an important one for myself and my wife. Can anyone tell me In terms of the following cabins on board the Regal Princess which have the actual cabin to the right hand side as you enter the cabin R421,R423.  A421,A423 and B421,B423

Thanks

Just from what I can tell, from what you are posting,  if the entry is on the left, and the cabin area is to the right, then this would be a aft/back facing bed/cabin.  If the entry was on the right, and the cabin area is on the left, then this would be a forward facing bed/cabin.

If R422 (Port) has the entry entry on the left (aft when facing the cabin door) , then on the opposite side (Starboard)  the entry would also be aft (which would then be right when facing the cabin door).  So, the 423 cabins Starboard, would have the cabin area to the left. The bed would be facing aft/back in these cabins.

Notice that Riviera is a higher deck, and these cabins will be under the Sea Walk.  With clear visibility from people on the Sea Walk.  So most people would want a lower deck that is not just below the Sea Walk.

It looks like the cabins on Baha would follow the same left/right configuration. I have read, and it seems to hold true, that It is most common that these alternate so that the baths are back-to-back.  And you can look for the nearest Fire-wall, and go from there.  As these would be two cabins where the firewall would mean that the baths are not back-to-back.

This might not be foolproof,  but I think you would be good with the cabin area to the right, and aft facing beds, on either Riviera or Baha.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Wishing on a star

4 hours ago, MightyQ said:

This may seem an odd question but it is an important one for myself and my wife. Can anyone tell me In terms of the following cabins on board the Regal Princess which have the actual cabin to the right hand side as you enter the cabin R421,R423.  A421,A423 and B421,B423

Thanks

Found a picture of B421 on line showing the door on the right looking from the balcony. That would make the door on the left from the hallway and the bed facing forward.

Extrapolating from R409, R421 also faces forward.

Aloha Cabins did not have a room close enough to extrapolate from.

I did a goole search for "cruise ship cabin layouts" and checked out sites until I found pictures of B421

19 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Just from what I can tell, from what you are posting,  if the entry is on the left, and the cabin area is to the right, then this would be a aft/back facing bed/cabin.  If the entry was on the right, and the cabin area is on the left, then this would be a forward facing bed/cabin.

If R422 (Port) has the entry entry on the left (aft when facing the cabin door) , then on the opposite side (Starboard)  the entry would also be aft (which would then be right when facing the cabin door).  So, the 423 cabins Starboard, would have the cabin area to the left. The bed would be facing aft/back in these cabins.

Notice that Riviera is a higher deck, and these cabins will be under the Sea Walk.  With clear visibility from people on the Sea Walk.  So most people would want a lower deck that is not just below the Sea Walk.

It looks like the cabins on Baha would follow the same left/right configuration. I have read, and it seems to hold true, that It is most common that these alternate so that the baths are back-to-back.  And you can look for the nearest Fire-wall, and go from there.  As these would be two cabins where the firewall would mean that the baths are not back-to-back.

This might not be foolproof,  but I think you would be good with the cabin area to the right, and aft facing beds, on either Riviera or Baha.

Hope this helps!

I have read that cabins on the Riviera deck are under the Sea Walk, with clear visibility from people on the Sea Walk but I don't understand this.  We are booked in R445, new to Princess and Regal.  Does this mean people can see into our actual rooms? Or just the balcony?

4 hours ago, franktown said:

Balcony and really not a big deal.  Saw very few people on the sea walk after the first day.  The balcony was more private then the tiered ships.

Looked at the pictures on cruisedeckplans.com  It looks like the Sea Walk is only over the mini suites, and even then, the Riveria deck is 2-3 decks below the Sea Walk, if I'm looking at the pictures correctly.  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Regal-Princess&zoom=1