Photo Book

Otter18

Theres an option to view all the pages at once - I forget the name - its a button on the bottom right (page view? something like that).

Anyway, once on that view you can click on a page and there should be a 'move left/right' option. That then nudges the selected page. It doesn't move both pages at the same time, mind.

Hope that helps. 🙂

Thanks, I did it by adding a page and photos manually.

I have a problem, my code isn't working. I tried to add it going in through Photobox and it came up not valid. So I went to the email and had to re-create the book again, but the code still didn't work. The email is a no-reply, so will have to wait and try phoning them.

I bit the bullet today and ordered the book. It took about 4 hours altogether. Choosing the photos took the most time. Our world cruise resulted in over 4000 digital photographs. We managed to reduce this to 41, to cover the 26 pages. Uploading all the photos was simple enough. Then clicking the box to hide used photos, was very handy, as the number of photos diminished as they were used. Plonking 2 or three photos onto a page and then hitting 'shuffle' was pretty useful too. The code worked first time on checkout.

Thanks for all your feedback. It was very helpful.

Edited by Otter18

13 minutes ago, Otter18 said:

I bit the bullet today and ordered the book. It took about 4 hours altogether. Choosing the photos took the most time. Our world cruise resulted in over 4000 digital photographs. We managed to reduce this to 41, to cover the 26 pages. Uploading all the photos was simple enough. Then clicking the box to hide used photos, was very handy, as the number of photos diminished as they were used. Plonking 2 or three photos onto a page and then hitting 'shuffle' was pretty useful too. The code worked first time on checkout.

Thanks for all your feedback. It was very helpful.

Thanks for the tip to hide used photos - I missed that. I found the photo box system very intuitive and have enjoyed using it. Just need to double check the text comments before ordering! I found setting the background colour to black ( rather than the default white) effective for my photos. Really pleased P&O have run this promotion.

I have just and P&O on the phone and the man gave me a link for the helpdesk at PhotoBox. He said they would talk me through the process and might ask to see the email that I had sent. to them Before phoning them I decided to try the code again and this time it has worked. So I have ordered my book.

For all of those who read the posts but don't participate and might be having also be having trouble with their code, I would advise you to take a 'snip' or screenshot of the invalid message. It looks like you just contact PhotoBox for help with the issue. With the 'snip' you can show them the message that is coming up. Also try again, maybe P&O or PhotoBox have added a fix.

1 hour ago, emam said:

I have just and P&O on the phone and the man gave me a link for the helpdesk at PhotoBox. He said they would talk me through the process and might ask to see the email that I had sent. to them Before phoning them I decided to try the code again and this time it has worked. So I have ordered my book.

For all of those who read the posts but don't participate and might be having also be having trouble with their code, I would advise you to take a 'snip' or screenshot of the invalid message. It looks like you just contact PhotoBox for help with the issue. With the 'snip' you can show them the message that is coming up. Also try again, maybe P&O or PhotoBox have added a fix.

Good to hear you got the offer code sorted out. I hope the photo book turns out as you hope, with all the hassle you have had. I'm waiting for ours to arrive. Will report back on how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the book arrived a couple of days ago. I have to say I'm quite pleased with the result.

If anyone else is doing this; we had one issue, not major, but with hind sight I would not print the whole page with one photo, edge to edge. about 5mm of the inside edge (nearest the spine) is lost where the pages are joined. So leave approximately 1cm border on this edge, even if the photo covers the whole page. Or you can upgrade to the 'open flat' book that allows the whole page to be viewed, or even have one photo displayed over two pages without the join in the middle.

Brian