Cruising after 7 years!

camorelli

I just can't contain my excitement!  Sunday, hubby and I will board the Carnival Legend... it's been 7 years since we last cruised!  We used to cruise frequently but once the kids got to be older in school and involved in competitive sports, cruising took a back seat.  We've been doing land vacations since then.  We decided it's time for a getaway while the kids stay home with grandparents.  :)  It's been so long that cruising almost seems new!  I don't talk about it in front of the kids because I don't want to rub it in their face (they would rather be joining us)... so I came here to express my excitement because I'm about to burst!  :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Congratulations! Long time in coming. I'm excited for you too! When are you cruising and where are you all going? I know you will have a fantastic time! 👍

Cruising out of Tampa.  Going to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.  Especially excited because my aunt and her husband just retired in Roatan...we'll be their first visitors!

18 minutes ago, camorelli said:

Cruising out of Tampa.  Going to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.  Especially excited because my aunt and her husband just retired in Roatan...we'll be their first visitors!

Wow! I can't think of anything more memorable than taking a cruise to see relatives! Take LOTS of pictures! That's got to make the cruise extra special. 

• Like 1

You are doing better than us. Our last cruise was in 2010 so it will right at about 10 years when we board Mardi Gras for her 15 day Journey from New York down to Port Canaveral. Our excuse is I became a full time caregiver for my wife's mom. I took care of her from 2001 (stroke) until her passing at 92 this March. The last 10 years, because of her failing health - we had to limit our vacations to just one week a year. Those were our annual trip to our timeshare in Cabo San Lucas.

So we will again kick off our cruising addiction with the Mardi Gras. It will be our 8th cruise with many more to come. 2021 we will definitely be checking out the Panorama.

Edited by SDPadreFan