Waitlist for MyTime dining?

pmnb29

I'm looking at booking a cruise for May on the Adventure of the Seas. When I get to the Dining option, it says I can be put on the waitlist for My TIme dining.

Has anyone had experience with being on a waitlist? We don't like the early seating which is the only option open at this time. What are the chances of actually getting My Time Dining?

Thanks!

Our only experience was excellent we were only offered early sitting which for us was far to early and in all honesty would never have dined at that time but would have gone to the solarium bistro or windjammer ( Oasis class )

We booked direct with RRCL and the agent told us she would speak to Miami direct and try do her utmost to get us changed to either MTD or traditional second sitting we would have been happy with either.

The following day we received an email changing us to MTD.

8 hours ago, pmnb29 said:

I'm looking at booking a cruise for May on the Adventure of the Seas. When I get to the Dining option, it says I can be put on the waitlist for My TIme dining.

Has anyone had experience with being on a waitlist? We don't like the early seating which is the only option open at this time. What are the chances of actually getting My Time Dining?

Thanks!

This far in advance there's a good chance you would clear the waitlist and get MTD.

We have booked a cruise for May 2020 from the UK during a popular school holiday week and MTD was not an option (so presumably full).

We emailed a couple of days after booking and were advised we would be waitlisted and then within 2 hours we were changed to MTD. Strange if it was available when we asked why it wasn't when we booked as I cant see the waiting list clearing in a couple of hours?

11 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Our only experience was excellent we were only offered early sitting which for us was far to early and in all honesty would never have dined at that time but would have gone to the solarium bistro or windjammer ( Oasis class )

We booked direct with RRCL and the agent told us she would speak to Miami direct and try do her utmost to get us changed to either MTD or traditional second sitting we would have been happy with either.

The following day we received an email changing us to MTD.

We were put on 2nd sitting for our October Explorer sailing.

We always pre-pay our gratuities and when I rang D+ C&A rep I said we would like MTD and he arranged this for us.

When people request my time dining  and are refused, and later get assigned. MTD , all they are doing is just adding more people to an already overflowing MTD . IMO!

it is getting longer and longer to get a table if you don't have a reservation, which defeats the original purpose was of MTD.